Your Passport To College Has Arrived
Wed 06th Sep 12:09
We are pleased to announce the arrival of a new course added to our portfolio for 2017/18’s academic year!
Do you feel you need to grow in confidence and develop your skills? Not entirely sure what you’d like to do next but still want a taster of college life? Want some help to plan your next steps? Then the Passport to College may be the perfect course for you.
This course is designed to help and support those in need of assistance in making the transition from school to college or acting as a bridge to finding employment whilst still gaining new qualifications.
Brand new to the college this year, the course starts on October 30th 2017 running for three days per week and there are still places available for anyone who’d like to apply.
The Passport to College focuses on helping you achieve the following skills:
- Skills & knowledge in a broad vocational area
- Core skills & essential skills
- An understanding of the workplace and preparation for employment or further training
- Positive attitudes to learning
- Skills & attitudes for employability
- Flexible approaches to problem solving
- Adaptability and positive attitude to change
- Confidence to set goals, reflect and learn from experience
- Skills for working as part of a team
There are no formal qualifications needed to attend this course, however applicants must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work at Access Level 3. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older to qualify. Certificates are available in:
- Team Building
- First Aid
- Moving & Handling
- Food Hygiene
These are accompanied by the opportunity to gain qualifications in:
- Steps to Work award
- This Person Centred award
- Personal Development award
- Uniformed & Emergency Services award