APMG Better Business Cases™ Foundation
Changes within a business frequently fail before they even start because the business case doesn't convince senior management that the changes will produce a return on investment.
A great way around this is to present an effective business case and spending proposal, which helps secure Stakeholder buy-in and funding from the business.
APMG Better Business Cases Foundation training will help you focus on the Five Case Models, which is the UK government's best practice approach for developing spending proposals.
When you earn your APMG Better Business Cases Foundation qualification, you will:
- Understand and apply the philosophy of the Five Case Model to business cases and other spending proposals.
- Understand different types of business cases, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required.
- Understand the development lifecycle of a business case and the relationships between the five cases.
- Develop effective business cases and spending proposals that appropriately scope the initiative and secure funding and management support.
If you're also looking to earn your Practitioner certificate, why not consider our AMPG Better Business Cases Foundation & Practitioner training package.
This course benefits from our Exam Pass Guarantee*.
Is the APMG Better Business Cases Foundation course suitable for me?
Are you working in any of the below job roles? Are you considering a career change into one of these areas? If so, this training would suit your career goals.
- Senior Responsible Owner, Programme Director, Director.
- Project Manager.
- Project Team Member.
- Specialist adviser.
- Investment Officer.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on the Foundation course. You will need to pass the Foundation exam to enrol on the Better Business Cases Practitioner training course.
How will the Better Business Cases course benefit me?
This training course will help you develop strong business cases and work within a team.
You will benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*.
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course.
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Learn from expert trainers with vast experience in this field.
- We offer interest-free payment options.
Understanding Exam Pass Guarantee
Our Virtual Classroom sessions often receive higher pass rates, mainly because of the additional support you can receive from our trainer during your class. This has given us the confidence to offer an Exam Pass Guarantee, where we will support you with your training needs until you pass your exams.
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you fail your exams for any reason, you can come back and attend another training session with us again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Take the exam within 30 days of your Virtual Classroom training.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
All students who retake this course need to use any materials and books given to them in their original course session. Failure to do so will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.
*Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the resit exam; this would need to be purchased at an additional cost.
What jobs can I apply for after my APMG Better Business Cases training?
Typical job roles include:
- Project Team Member - £35k
- Project Manager - £45k
- Senior Responsible Manager - £46k
- Systems Owner - £47k
- Programme Director - £100k
Why choose to study the Better Business Cases Foundation course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Syllabus & Exams
APMG Better Business Cases Foundation Syllabus
Throughout this training course you will learn:
- The philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model.
- The different types of business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal.
- The development of the business case in relation to other recognized and recommended best practice for programme and project management.
Better Business Cases Foundation Syllabus
Five case model Overview
Developing the Strategic Case
- Defining the case for change
- Setting SMART objectives
- Defining benefits
- Defining key risks
- Balancing Effectiveness / Economy / Efficiency
Developing the Economic Case
- Options framework analysis
- Defining the 'long list'
- Benefits appraisals
- Risk appraisals
- Turning the 'long list' into a 'short List' and a 'preferred option'
Developing the Commercial Case
- Determining the procurement strategy
- Apportioning risk
- Determining payment mechanisms
Developing the Financial Case
- Ascertaining affordability
- Securing relevant funds
- Determining capital requirements
- Net effect on prices
Developing the Management Case
- Defining project management controls
- Defining change controls
- Define benefit measurement arrangements
- Define risk management arrangements
- Define post project evaluation processes
APMG Better Business Cases Foundation Exam Details
Exam format - Multiple-choice.
Duration – 40-mins.
Number of questions - 50.
Pass mark – 25/50 (50%).
For the word marks of all the APMG approved and swirl device logo is a trade mark of the APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
The word mark Better Business Cases™ is used as APMG Better Business Cases™.
Accredited (APMG Better Business Cases™ Foundation) training is provided by (e-Careers Limited), APMG-International Accredited Training Organisation.