BCS EXIN Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum - Virtual Classroom
The BCS EXIN Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum Virtual Classroom training course will give you an in-depth understanding of Agile service management methods with Scrum development frameworks.
This course will teach you all you need to know about Agile Scrum and teach you how to implement Agile practices in an organisation.
Get the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to manage change and deliver products and services successfully with the BCS EXIN Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum course.
After finishing this course, you will demonstrate:
- The Agile way of thinking
- Scrum practices
- Scrum Planning and Estimation
- Monitoring Scrum Projects
- Advanced Scrum Concepts
This course benefits from 1 year BCS membership worth £92 and our Exam Pass Guarantee*.
Is the Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum course suitable for me?
The Foundation certificate in Agile Scrum is a Virtual Classroom training course and would suit anyone looking to earn their certificate in a classroom setting with an expert trainer.
If you're a Project Manager, Software Developer, Product Manager, IT Service Manager, or Business Manager, this course would benefit you.
This course would also be suitable for those wanting a deeper understanding of Agile Scrum and its practices.
How will the Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum course benefit me?
This Foundation certificate in Agile Scrum training course will get you started in an Agile Scrum project management job role.
You will also benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*.
- 1-year BCS membership included, worth £92
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from expert trainers, with vast experience in this field
- We offer interest-free payment options
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is available when you pass your first exam.
Benefits of Associate Membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offers
What jobs can I apply for after my Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum training?
What careers could I go into after completing this course?
Typical job roles after the Agile Scrum training course include:
- Business Managers - £35K
- Software Developer - £38K
- Project Managers - £43K
- Product Manager - £50K
- IT Service Manager - £50K
Why choose to study the Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Past students have received job opportunities from massive organisations from all over the world, for example:
- John Lewis
- The Ministry of Defence
- Swiss Quote
*How does the Exam Pass Guarantee work?
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you do not pass the exam after attending this training course with us, you will be eligible to attend the next class for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments
- Take the exam within 30 days of completing your Virtual Classroom training
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt
Please note: Students retaking the course are required to use any materials or books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement materials. Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the resit exam.
Syllabus & Exams
Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum Syllabus
This training course has been developed to provide the essential knowledge, skills, and tools to help your organisation manage change.
While the Agile way of thinking is typically found within the field of software development, the principles are continually being applied in other projects. Scrum is the most used Agile methodology, suitable for professionals looking to keep their knowledge up to date with the latest developments in the fields of IT and Project Management.
This course suits individuals who are responsible for leading or participating in projects within the areas of Project Management, Software development, IT Service, and Business Management.
Delegates should be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and explain Agile concepts in the following areas:
- Agile Way of Thinking – 10%
- Scrum Practices – 45%
- Scrum Planning and Estimation – 22.5%
- Monitoring Scrum Projects – 12.5%
- Advanced Scrum Concepts – 10%
Agile Way of Thinking – 10%
- Concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Recognise how transformation to an Agile environment works
- Recognise how Agility brings value, predictability, and flexibility
- Describe the Agile Manifesto
- Recognise Agile methods and practices other than Scrum
Scrum Practices – 45%
- Scrum roles
- Explain the Product Owner role
- Explain the Scrum Master role
- Explain the Development Team role
- Recognise the role of a traditional Project Manager
- Scrum events
- Explain the characteristics of time-boxed events
- Explain the characteristics of Sprints
- Explain the characteristics of the Daily Scrum
- Explain the characteristics of the Sprint Review and the Sprint Retrospective
- The importance of the Backlog
- Explain the characteristics of a good Product and Sprint Backlog
- Recognise good User Stories and Backlog items
- Explain how to refine the Product Backlog items
- Definition of Done
- Explain the importance of a good Definition of Done.
Scrum Planning and Estimation – 22.5%
- Scrum Planning
- Explain what happens during Sprint Planning meetings
- Understand the rituals and the importance of the Daily Scrum
- Understand how to determine the duration of a Sprint
- Scrum Estimation
- Explain estimation techniques: Planning Poker, Triangulation and Affinity
- Understand how to compute estimates using Ideal Days or Story Points
- Understand how Backlog items are ordered
Monitoring Scrum Projects – 12.5%
- Scrum Monitoring
- Understand Burn-Down charts
- Understand how to monitor Sprint progress
- Understand how to compute the velocity of the Team
- Understand Kanban boards
- Understand the concept and value of Information Radiators
Advanced Scrum Concepts – 10%
- Scrum in different situations
- Recognise how to apply Scrum in large, complex projects
- Recognise how to apply Scrum with distributed teams
- Understand different types of contracts in Scrum
- Understand how to create an Agile workspace
Foundation Certificate in Agile Scrum Exam Details
Exam Format - Multiple-choice.
Number of questions - 100.
Duration - 120-mins.
Supervised - Yes.
Open book - No.
Pass mark – 65/100 (65%).