BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Discover what a Business Analyst does and what skills and techniques they use to bridge the link between an organisation's needs and the end-user and the IT departments' needs through change initiatives, through this online training course. Review key tools and techniques used by Business Analysts daily, and prepare to sit a multiple-choice examination, earning you your BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
Our online Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis covers a range of different techniques, approaches, concepts, and tools used within business analysis. This training will ensure you have gained the knowledge and understanding of business analysis, including the skills and competencies required of a Business Analyst. We will also review a range of techniques and tools for strategic analysis.
This online BCS training course makes up part of the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
For you to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis, you will first need to complete this module, and four others: Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice, Practitioner Certificate in Requirement Engineering, and the Practitioner Certificate in Modelling Business Processes.
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership.
Business Analyst Salary - Typically, Business Analysts earn over £40k pa.
Is the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis course suitable for me?
The online BCS Foundation Cetificate in Business Analysis training course would suit individuals currently working as Business Analysts, and those considering a career change into this sector. It would also benefit Business Managers and their teams, Business Change Managers, Project Managers, Consultants, Contractors, and individuals looking to understand the role, tools, and techniques used by a Business Analyst.
If you're working towards your BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or are planning on studying it, this course makes up part of the Diploma.
For individuals looking to move into Business Analysis or to be able to apply for Business Analyst jobs, this online training course will provide you with the knowledge required to pass your exam, earn your certificate, and take on a Business Analyst job role.
What jobs can I apply for after my Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis?
Delegates who complete this training can work as Consultants, Project Managers, or Strategy Planners. We find that delegates typically work in the following sectors:
- Business Analyst - £40K
- Enterprise Architect - £66k
- Business Architect - £78k
Why study the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training.
We have also refined our processes, partner relationships, and course materials to offer you a high-quality training solution.
You will also benefit from:
- 1-year BCS membership included (worth £92).
- Enhance your career prospects in Business Analysis.
- Course materials inline with BCS guidelines.
- We offer interest-free payment options.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is eligible from the moment you pass your first exam.
Benefits of this associate’s membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offer
Syllabus & Exams
Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis Syllabus
This training course is delivered online via our eLearning training platform. You will learn the full business analysis process framework, including the role of a Business Analyst, and the tools and techniques used by Business Analysts.
There is a written examination for this course, which can be booked via Pearson VUE directly.
- Understand the role and competencies of a Business Analyst
- Learn about strategy analysis
- Understand business systems and business process modelling
- Learn stakeholder analysis
- Discover investigation and modelling techniques
- Understand requirements engineering
- Learn business case development
Foundation Certificate Syllabus
- What is Business Analysis (2.5%)
- The Competencies of a Business Analyst (2.5%)
- Strategy Analysis (7.5%)
- The Business Analysis Process Model (5%)
- Investigation techniques (15%)
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management (10%)
- Modelling Business Processes (10%)
- Defining the solution (5%)
- Making a Business and Financial Case (10%)
- Establishing the Requirements (7.5%)
- Documenting and Managing Requirements (7.5%)
- Modelling Requirements (7.5%)
- Delivering the Requirements (5%)
- Delivering the Business Solution (5%)
Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis Exam Details
Exam format - Multiple-choice.
Duration – 60-mins.
Supervised – Yes (via Proctor).
Open book – No.
Pass mark – 26/40.