BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps - Virtual Classroom
Our BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps will teach you important DevOps tools, methodologies, and practices. You will also learn how to effectively deliver applications and services.
The Foundation level is a great entry point for those looking to get started on a career in DevOps, as you will learn the fundamentals of DevOps practices, values, and techniques. You will also discover how to improve workflows and deployments.
As this training course promotes framework-agnostic learning, core DevOps values will be at the root of all your learning and you will show an understanding and basic application of:
- Culture and teams
- Common roles
- Practices and techniques
- Methods and approaches for teams
This course benefits from 1 year BCS membership, worth £92 and our Exam Pass Guarantee*.
Is the BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps course suitable for me?
The DevOps Foundation training course would be suitable for individuals responsible for implementing DevOps processes within an organisation, and performing job roles such as DevOps Evangelist, Automation Architect, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, or software developer.
How will the Foundation Certificate in DevOps course benefit me?
This Foundation training course benefits from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from expert trainers with vast experience in this field
- We offer interest-free payment options
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is available when you pass your first exam.
Benefits of Associate Membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offers
What jobs can I apply for after my BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps course?
We typically find that our DevOps graduates go on to work in the following job roles:
- Software Tester - £33k
- DevOps Evangelist - £48K
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - £50k
- Software Developer - £50k
- Database Administrator - £50k
- Security Engineer - £60k
- Automation Architect - £97K
Why study the BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
*Exam Pass Guarantee to give you peace of mind to succeed
Our Virtual Classroom training receives high pass rates, so we are confident to offer you an Exam Pass Guarantee, where if you fail your exam after attending this training course with us, we will let you come back at train with us again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Take the exam within 30 days of completing your Virtual Classroom training.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
Please Note: Students retaking the course are required to use any materials or books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.
Syllabus & Exams
BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps Syllabus
Delegates will be able to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and some basic application of the following aspects of DevOps:
- Culture and Teams
- Common Roles
- Practices and Techniques
- Methods and Approaches for Teams
Introducing DevOps 5%
- Understand the traditional IT challenges that exist.
- The history of DevOps and associated key events.
- Understand what is involved when an organisation embarks on an Agile and DevOps transformation journey.
- Business case justification for a DevOps transformation.
Benefits of DevOps 10%
- Learn the various Agile practices that compliment a DevOps way of working.
- Understand why an organisation should focus on products and services and how DevOps allows the benefits of these to thrive.
- Understand why autonomous teamwork is vital for DevOps to be successful, relying on teams to deliver sustainable value.
- Understand the CALMS model and the impact it has on a DevOps transformation.
- Understand the various models that explain how teams operate differently.
- Explain that team agility is a mindset
- Explain why cross-functional teams are mandatory to allow for commitment-based delivery and fully autonomous teams.
- Understand the key differences between motivators and de-motivators.
- Explain the differences between servant leadership and traditional management techniques.
- Explain what Continuous Integration (CI) is and why it is vital for any organisation looking to reduce their time to market.
- Improve agility and automation via the application of various environmental management practices and techniques.
- Understand how to apply critical release management activities, planning, scheduling, and controlling a software build through different stages and environments.
- Apply techniques to maximise flow optimisation within a team.
- Understand why Work In Progress (WIP) is potentially extremely wasteful and apply various techniques to help to limit WIP, allowing for a better workflow.
- Know the Theory of Constraints (TOC) and recall basic constraint management practices.
- Explain the 8 Types of Waste according to Lean guidelines.
- Understand how product goals should be clearly aligned with business goals, to ensure that value is being added.
- Understand the different metrics that can be used to determine a successful delivery.
- Understand the different metrics that can be used to ensure the business operations are working effectively.
- Understand how captured metrics may be analysed to ensure that feedback is used appropriately and efficiently.
- Explain the differences between Lead Time and Cycle Time.
- Explain why collaboration is vital for DevOps success and what can be done to ensure that collaboration remains consistent throughout a product delivery.
- Explain the reasons for implementing feedback.
- Explain the benefits of visualising aspects such as work, workflow, and blockers.
- Understand why the Business and IT teams must work together daily, to ensure goals are aligned.
- Understand why high performing teams are always looking for opportunities to cross learn.
Common DevOps Roles 5%
- Understand the key duties and responsibilities of the following distinct roes within a DevOps team.
Common DevOps Practices and Techniques 10%
- Explain the practices of both Continuous Integration (CI) and Testing and Deployment.
- Explain that Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is the process of managing and provisioning data centres.
- Explain the importance of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Understand the various tools that can be used to ensure effective production monitoring.
- Understand the key differences between public, private and hybrid cloud technologies.
Relevant Methods and Approaches for DevOps Teams 10%
- Explain what DevOps topologies and Target Operating Models (TOM) are.
- Explain what scrum development delivery is and why this Agile development framework works for delivery teams within a DevOps-focused organisation.
- Explain how Kanban workflow can be used to identify bottlenecks and improve delivery process.
- Understand that transformational leadership is required at all levels of the organisation.
- Explain what full stack engineering is and understand the benefits of building delivery teams consisting of full stack engineers.
- Understand how collective ownership can form strong teams with focused, shared goals.
BCS Foundation Certificate in DevOps Exam Details
Exam format - Multiple-choice.
Duration - 60-mins.
Supervised - Yes.
Open book - No.
Pass mark - 26/40 (65%).