BPEC Heat Pump NOS Mapped, is designed to give installers the skills and knowledge required to correctly install heat pumps. This course has been designed with the intention of meeting the requirements of the National Occupational Standards. This qualification is also recognised as a demonstration of competence for the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
Candidates should have a minimum VQ Level 2/3 qualification in plumbing or conventional heating engineering or provide demonstrable evidence of a number of years relevant experience.
Candidates should also hold a current Water Regulations/Bylaws and Unvented Hot Water qualification
The following will be covered in this course:
- Introduction to Heat Pumps
- How a Heat Pump works – principles and components
- Insulation, heat losses and the effect of heating system design
- Domestic hot water, buffer tanks and solar coils
- Ground heat exchangers
- Health and safety
- Heat pump Installation
- Maintenance and fault finding
Assessment consists of a combination of practical and theory examinations