CeMAP Certificate in Mortgage Advice (Modules 2 & 3)
In the UK, all mortgages are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). It is essential for any aspiring Mortgage Adviser, looking to provide legal mortgage advice, to receive a professional qualification, such as the ‘Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice’ (CeMAP).
CeMAP is the most widely recognised qualification held by over 80% of Mortgage advisers in the UK.
Want to study all levels together? Click here for our CeMAP modules 1, 2 & 3 Package.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 training course suitable for me?
On completion of this CeMAP training course, you will receive your CeMAP qualification, which will help you move into a career as a Mortgage Adviser in the UK.
Before you enrol on this course, you will first need to complete the CeMAP 1 training, which is a prerequisite to this course.
Becoming a mortgage adviser will provide you with great job satisfaction from knowing that you are at the heart of helping individuals purchase their homes.
You can choose one of the following career paths:
- Work for a bank.
- Work for a Mortgage Advisory firm.
- Work as an independent adviser.
This course offers 6-months access, but most of our students finish the CeMAP qualification quicker than that. There is approximately 140 hours’ worth of material. As our courses are very flexible, it is down to the student to dictate the time it will take them.
How will the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 course benefit me?
Once you have completed this course, you will:
- Become a great communicator.
- Be able to explain complex information to customers.
- Gain fundamental maths skills.
- Provide great customer service.
- Be motivated to hit sales targets.
- Gain IT skills and time-management skills.
Other benefits of this training course include:
Syllabus - All courses taught come with the most up-to-date learning material that takes into consideration financial regulations. Your skills and knowledge gained from the course will be in high demand, helping you with your career advancement.
Employment options - You can choose between working for a bank, mortgage advisory firm or starting your own business as a consultant.
Study on your terms - With 24/7 and 6-months access to the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 courses, you can study whenever and wherever suits you best.
Pride and satisfaction in your job - Being a Mortgage Adviser is a crucial job role, helping individuals achieve their home-buying dreams.
Support when needed - Don’t understand something? Not to worry. Our tutor support team will answer all questions to keep you on schedule. Along with access to webinars that will cover the more advanced sections of the course.
What jobs can I apply for after my CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 training?
The CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 online qualifications will teach delegates the essential knowledge and skills needed during an exciting career as a Mortgage Adviser.
All Mortgage Advisers, by law in the UK, must have earned a professional qualification. CeMAP is one of these qualifications and will allow you to advise home buyers legally once all three levels have been completed.
All students are required to complete the CeMAP Module 1 qualification before enrolling in this course. Therefore, once you have complete modules 1, 2, and 3, you will be ready to work for a Mortgage Advisery firm, a bank, or start your own business.
Mortgage Advisers are in high demand, making now a great time to start training for a career in this industry.
Salaries for Mortgage Advisers average £30k, however, with a good commission structure, you can expect to earn around £50k per year. There are also management opportunities once you have gained enough experience.
Typical job roles include:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k
- Protection Adviser – £50k
- Business Owner – Mortgage Adviser – £30-£55k+
Why choose to study the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 course with e-Careers?
We are the leading CeMAP training teacher in the UK, with an impressive pass rate of 93%.
All online courses have been designed so students can follow them easily while being interested and engaged. Students can study whenever it suits them with 24/7 access to all materials, which includes mock exams. Take advantage of our interest-free payment plans and contact us today.
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 605,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Syllabus & Exams
CeMAP 2 & 3 Syllabus
What does the CeMAP 2 and CeMAP 3 online course cover?
As the follow-up course to the CeMAP 1 course, this course would be ideal for anyone continuing with their studies to become a recognised and fully proficient Mortgage Adviser.
This two-part qualification will help you:
- Understand mortgage law, practice, policy and markets and the whole home buying process. Also learn about mortgage products and rates, valuations and surveys and any up-to-date legislation.
- Have a firm understanding of interest rates and mortgage repayment options and be confident in relaying these to the homebuyer.
- Apply knowledge to realistic scenarios, to help you prepare yourself for employment.
- Build your confidence and learn how to apply your knowledge to individual cases to provide the best solutions possible.
CeMAP 2 – Units 3 - 6
- Policies and practices that affect mortgages.
- Mortgage Laws.
- Insurance Policies.
- Post completion issues and arrears.
- Complete sales process in relation to mortgage advising
CeMAP 3 - Unit 7
- Assessment of mortgage advice knowledge. Tests your understanding of the technical details to assess your ability to apply the knowledge covered.
CeMAP 2 Exam Details
The exam for CeMAP 2 covers the course materials learned throughout module 2, with a focus on the mortgage application process, including:
- Unit 3 – Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice & Markets
- Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods & Products
- Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears & Post Completion Issues
CeMAP 3 Exam Details
The exam for CeMAP 3 covers the course materials learned throughout module 3, with a focus on how to apply all the knowledge gained into real-world scenarios, including:
- Unit 7 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice & Knowledge
Register with the London Institute of Banking & Finance to take your exams. The exams (including registration fees) are not included in the cost of the course. There is an exam fee of £190 per module and you can apply to take your exam anytime throughout the year, including via a test centre or remote invigilation online. The total cost for these two exams is £380. The cost of a re-sit exam is £160 per exam.
The exam for Module 2 will be a 2-hour objective exam, comprising 100 multiple-choice questions, and the Module 3 exam will be a 2-hour objective exam comprising 6 case studies, each with 10 linked multiple-choice questions.