Construction SCQF Level 6 (Modern Apprenticeship) (Bricklaying/Carpentry & Joinery/Painting & Decorating)
Depending on the pathway chosen by the candidate and/or the employer you would learn:
- Carpentry & Joinery - Wood Occupations
- Painintg & Decorating - Decorative Finishes
- Brick Work - Trowel Occupations
You must successfully complete both parts of this qualification plus core skills at required SCQF Levels to achieve your full Modern Apprenticeship.
Both Campus Sites
Candidates will not sit the "Skills Test" unit of the SVQ before 3 years have been completedfrom their start date.
Modern Apprentices over the age of 22 years, who can demonstrate that they are significant prior site experience, may be permitted to complete after a minimum of 2 years, where their achievement and competence has been recognised byBOTH the employer and the training provider. These candidates would need to meet the requirement of a full portfolio of evidence against the SVQ and they may not sit the "Skills Test" unit before the LAST6 months of their apprenticeship.
We recommend that candidates should have achieved as a minimum standard grades at general level in English and Maths.
Candidates should be well presented, committed to the Modern Apprenticeship and able to complete.
- Carpentry & Joinery (Wood Occupations) = SVQ3 at SCQF Level 6 plus the PDA at SCQF Level 6
- Painting & Decorating (Decorative Finishes) = SVQ3 at SCQF Level 6 plus the PDA at SCQF Level 6
- Brickwork (Trowel Occupations) = SVQ3 at SCQF Level 6 plus the PDA at SCQF Level 6
- Communication (SCQF Level 5)
- Numeracy (SCQF Level 5)
- Information Technology (SCQF Level 4)
- Working with Others (SCQF Level 5)
- Problem Solving (SCQF Level 5)
Additional funding information
Course Contact Details