Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 CIPD
There’s no HERO without HR, so learn how to protect your people with CIPD Level 3 - the perfect entry to the world of HR and people management!
If you’re looking to start a career in HR or are considering a career change into a people-focused role, this CIPD Certificate in People Practice Level 3 training course is a great place to start your journey.
As a people professional, you will be responsible for ensuring your workforce is supported and properly cared for. Your main responsibilities will include making sure your team is managed effectively and has a clear development plan in place to enhance their skills.
Throughout this People Practice CIPD training course, you will develop the skills to become the office superpower and learn how to be a forward-thinking people professional. Skills you will learn include what external influences impact a business and recruitment techniques to help you shortlist candidates for job roles.
Gain an internationally recognised CIPD qualification and start a career in Human Resources (HR) or Learning and Development (L&D).
Why study the Foundation Certificate in People Practice with e-Careers?
As an award-winning leader in the delivery of online professional qualifications, we have helped career starters gain the qualifications for their first jobs, trained working professionals to change careers into new sectors, and improved businesses through employee upskilling.
Our courses have been developed by expert professionals and academics, enabling staff to upskill and advance in their careers and ensuring organisations have employees with the latest skills and competencies within their workforce.
Colleges, Unions, and Government bodies are among the many institutions we have provided training for who continue to partner with us for our ability to deliver excellence.
With a range of payment options, no career aspirations are out of reach. We offer payment plans and interest-free options to suit all budgets.
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
The CIPD membership is prestigious and internationally respected, and its members are the most in-demand professionals in the world. It is the only HR body that can award Chartered status, giving you an edge throughout your career. You’ll join a community of 150,000 knowledgeable HR and L&D professionals across 120 countries, and benefit from exclusive access to insights and guidance from industry experts.
Is the Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 course right for me?
Are you naturally good with people and passionate about equality and helping get the most out of individuals? If so, this People Practice CIPD training course would suit you perfectively.
As an entry point to a career in HR or L&D, this course would suit all individuals looking to start a role in HR or change careers in this industry but who don’t have previous experience in this sector.
This entry-level qualification into HR or L&D is perfect if you are:
- Wanting to launch a career in a people-orientated profession
- Currently in admin or a HR junior role and want to level up your career
- Looking to enhance team performance and take on more responsibility in the workplace
You will develop management skills, knowledge of people practice, and strategic expertise, but existing knowledge of these areas would be advantageous.
What jobs can I apply for after my Certificate in People Practice training?
Once completed, you’ll be awarded CIPD Foundation Membership and will be able to use the designation “Foundation CIPD” after your name.
Earning your Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 CIPD, makes you eligible for a range of entry level HR and L&D job roles, including:
- HR Assistant
- HR Staffing Coordinator
- Entry Level Recruitment Consultant
- Entry Level Training Coordinator
The average UK salary for a HR/Recruitment is £27,874 p.a.
Are you already working in an entry level role? The modules covered in this course will also help you upskill to take on more responsibility and work towards a promotion at work.
More senior responsibilities include:
- HR Administrator
- HR Associate
- HR Representative
- HR Analyst
- Training Deliverer
- Learning Administrator
Syllabus & Exam
Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 Syllabus
Learning Level: Introduction to the HR and L&D Industry
Equivalent to: A-Level
UCAS Points: 24 Credits
Average completion: 7-9 months
Max duration: 12 months
Entry Requirements: No formal entry requirements
Accreditation: CIPD Foundation
Exam: No exams. There are four end of module assignments you’ll be assessed on. Your tutor will mark this for you to revise before submitting to CIPD.
Guided learning hrs: 120
Next step: Level 5 CIPD associate Diploma in either People Management or Organisational L&D.
Unit 1: Business, Culture and Change in Context
- External influences that impact on business environments.
- Organisational goals.
- Products, services, and customers.
- How technology can play a part in improving working practices and collaboration.
- Workplace culture.
- Learning and development of people.
- Management of change.
Unit 2: Principles of Analytics
- Evidence-based practice and how it informs organisational measures and outcomes.
- The importance of using data.
- Creating value for employees, customers, and wider stakeholders.
- Social media and how it can enhance working practices.
Unit 3: Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- How ethical principles and professional values inform approaches to work.
- Promoting respect and inclusive working.
- Acknowledging sensitivity and respect to others within a working context.
- Reflecting, recognising, and accepting your own mistakes, and those of others, while also showing empathy.
- Proactive approaches to developing, recording, and reflecting on your professional knowledge, skills, and experience.
Unit 4: Essentials of People Practice
- The employee lifecycle.
- Effective selection and the appointment of individuals.
- Wellbeing in the workplace.
- Employee engagement.
- Discrimination legislation.
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Performance management.
- Reward, motivation, and performance.
Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 Exam Details
You must complete four written assignments (one per unit).