The purpose of this course is to develop skills that will support you for life. It is an ideal programme if you have successfully completed the Lifeskills 1 course or a similar learning programme at Level 2.
You will develop personal and employability skills through a variety of topics and will be given support to develop your own personal learning and support plan to meet your personal needs and aspirations.
Working with others is one area that is emphasised throughout this programme and is embedded in a variety of learning activities, projects and themes.
You may have the opportunity to participate in a work experience placement within the college or in a local supported employment setting. This course offers you a great way to develop your skills and abilities towards supported employment or volunteering.
The minimum entry requirements are
- Evidence of SQA qualifications at SCQF Level 2 in all subject areas
- you must have the ability to engage and participate at the level required for this course.
- you will take part in an interview/transition process to establish if this course is suitable for you.
- you must also be able to demonstrate your ability to work independently and with others.
Additional Entry Requirements
Information and Interview Session Requirements
Skills for Life
Self and Others
You'll be learning and developing skills through topics such as
Personal Presentation skills
Investigating service providers in the local community
Skills in Creative Arts
Preparing for Employment
or any other service that offer support into employment
Additional funding information
- Suitable programme for students with learning support needs who are seeking to progress to Project Search and to transition towards employment, or progress to other further educational programmes.
- Flexibility and personalisation in approaches to learning and teaching to suit individual students.
- Emphasis on developing vocational skills for work and independent living.