If you would like a supported learning environment to enable you to reach your full potential this programme may be the perfect platform for you.
This is a one-year full time programme and is suitable for you if you are transitioning from school to further education, or if you are an adult learner wishing to return to education to further your learning at SCQF level 2. It is also suitable for you if you are a progressing college student and are ready to move further towards independence and you have demonstrated ability to work at SCQF level 2.
- your confidence,
- enhance your life skills,
- your skills for independent living,
- your employment skills, and
- increase your personal and social development.
- You will have opportunities on this course to spend some time out in the community practicing and applying a range of knowledge and skills you will be developing.
- You will have already attained some SQA level 2 qualifications and demonstrated ability to work consistently at this level.
- You will take part in a discussion with a member of our team to determine the suitability of the course for you.
- Enthusiasm to undertake a full time college programme and have the capacity to attend all lessons.
Additional Entry Requirements
Information and Interview Session Requirements
Health and Wellbeing
You'll be learning and developing skills through topics such as
- Eco-Awareness, where you learn about re-cycling and sustainability,
- How to look after your health, such as planning and preparing nutritious food and looking after your wellbeing,
- Independent living skills including communication and financial awareness
- Exploring what physcial activity you enjoy, planning and taking part in a range of activities suitable for you, including outdoor activities
- Developing positive social relationships
- Travel in the community
- Investigating Media products
- Exploring the workplace
- Employment skills
On successful completion of this course you may wish to continue your learning journey at college you have the following options for progression:
The offer to return and complete a second year framework of this programme.
Progression to our Level 2/3 programme: Lifeskills 2
Progression to an appropriate further education course of their choice at a suitable level.
Exit to community involvement
Exit to Volunteering opportunities
Additional funding information
- Suitable programme for students with learning support needs to transition to post 16 education or return to education to gain further skills.
- Flexibility and personalisation in approaches to learning and teaching to suit individual students.
- Emphasis on developing vocational skills, skills for life and independent living.