Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner with Practitioner Exam
Using a series of instructor-led videos and self-study courseware, the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner Package is delivered online using the learning platform, allowing you to study when are wherever you want, 24/7. This course comprises the MSP Foundation Certificate and the MSP Practitioner Certificate in one package.
Learn how to manage successful programmes by completing the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course. For over 23 years, Managing Successful Programmes has been a world-leading qualification for professionals who wanting to apply industry best practice in project management and business strategy execution.
The course is designed for professionals with little or no experience, the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner Package starts off with the basics of programme management, before moving on to the Practitioner, or expert, level.
On completion of both courses included in the package, students come out of their eLearning training with the ability to sit and pass the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner examinations.
MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The swirl logo ™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Is the MSP Foundation & Practitioner course suitable for me?
Our MSP Foundation & Practitioner eLearning training course is ideal for:
- Project or Programme Manager wanting to upskill.
- Project team members requiring the knowledge to apply the processes involved in corporate programmes.
- Anyone looking for a career change into programme and project management.
- Project and Programme Managers looking to study towards the full MSP qualification for experience and validation.
To undertake your MSP Practitioner training, you will first need to complete your Foundation course and exam.
How will the Managing Successful Programmes course benefit me?
Achieving MSP professional qualifications will benefit both individuals and organisations.
Benefits for Individuals
- Kick-start a financially rewarding career.
- Salaries range between £40k-£80k.
- Increase your employability.
- Stand out from the rest by gaining the knowledge and skills required in your role as a Project Manager.
- Find out how to manage changes and risks efficiently.
- Become a great leader, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits to Organisations
- More effective delivery of change.
- Improve control of costs, standards, and quality.
- Provide comprehensive definition of roles and responsibilities within the business.
What jobs can I apply for after my Managing Successful Programmes training?
Earning your MSP certificates will provide you wiith the skills to manage large business transformation projects, or groups of projects that make up a programme. These skills will be key in a career in project or programme management.
Typical job roles with MSP certifications include:
- Graduate Programme Manager - £35k
- Portfolio Programme Manager - £60k
- Programme Manager – £60k
- Applications Programme Manager - £65k
- Programme Manager Digital Transformation - £70k
- Portfolio Programme Manager - £70k
- Delivery Programme Director - £100k
Why choose to study the MSP course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 600,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
In addition you will also benefit from:
- Gaining a greater understanding of project and programme management techniques, and how they are applied in a corporate environment.
- Enhancing your career prospects.
- Interest-free payment options to spread the cost should you want to.
- Learning how to improve project and programme management team performance.
- Validating your knowledge by taking the MSP Foundation & Practitioner exams.
- Benefiting from online course content, so you can learn whenever and wherever you want, 24/7.
Syllabus & Exams
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Syllabus
- Core concepts of the MSP framework.
- Importance of developing a vision for projects and programmes.
- Building a blueprint from the vision statement that outlines the project fundamentals.
- Writing a programme definition document that helps to clarify what needs to be achieved.
- Developing a programme plan that helps put project controls in place.
- Using benefits realisation management to ensure that programmes deliver the expected positive outcomes.
- Restructuring the organisation to support the project and implementing a Programme Office to deliver change.
- The business case for programmes.
- The importance of leaders, rather than managers when delivering transformational change.
- The use of tranches to simplify project delivery.
- Delivering the capability and realising the benefits outlined in the project dossier.
- The importance of Quality Management to ensure deliverables are of an acceptable standard.
- Using risk management and issue resolution to keep programme tranches on track.
- Completing a project and obtaining sign off from stakeholders.
- MSP Introduction and Overview
- MSP Framework and Concepts
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Defining a Programme
- Planning and Control
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Organisation and the Programme Office
- The Business Case
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability and Realising the Benefits
- Quality Management
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Closing a Programme
Managing Successful Programmes Exam Details
IMPORTANT : You will need to ensure your device is compatible for you to take your exams. Please check and follow the official guidelines here.
MSP Practitioner Exam
Exam format - Scenario-based, multiple-choice.
Duration - 2.5 hours.
Open book – Yes (MSP publication only).
Pass mark – 42/70 (60%).
The MSP® Practitioner level qualification is important proof of an individual’s ability to lead a team that operates according to the MSP® framework.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.