The aim of the course is to:
- Provide individuals with a series of ‘taster sessions’ in a range of curriculum areas in the college
- Develop skills and confidence
- Support individuals to develop and plan for their next steps
- Support those needing assistance in making the transition from school/unemployment to work
There will be an opportunity to gain a number of qualifications, which will be delivered in an exciting and learner friendly way.
- No formal academic qualifications are required
Information and Interview Session Requirements
This is a key aspect of the application process. You must confirm your attendance should you be offered an appointment.
During the information and interview session, we will ensure the entry requirements and your aspirations and career plan are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for. It is therefore important that you prepare well for this.
You will get taster experiences in a range of areas at college, these could include:
- Creative Industries
- Sport & Fitness
- Hair & Beauty
Assessment is ongoing throughout the year and includes practical assessments and project work.
Students could progress on to one of the college's wide range of access programmes across all curriculum subject areas.
You will have acquired skills and qualities which are valued in employment. You could, therefore, undertake appropriate further vocational training in a range of career areas to develop your pathway to employment.
Additional funding information
You may be eligible for Bursary or EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) funding for this course. Please contact a member of the funding team for details.
- Decide on your career path
- Be taught by subject experts
- Develop skills for employment and further study
- Improve your employability
- Decide your future