This course will introduce the skills and knowledge you will need for a career in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry. The course also provides you with lots of transferrable skills that will help you progress your career in any industry. Together we will develop your skills in customer service, hospitality, professional cookery, events, tourism and activity tourism. We will also improve your employability and money management skills.
This new course has been developed to develop the future workforce for our regions exciting hospitality and tourism industry.
- No formal academic qualifications are required
- A willingness to try new things and work with others
- If you are currently studying at Dumfries & Galloway College, you will also require a positive progressing learner reference.
Information and Interview Session Requirements
This is a key aspect of the application process. You must confirm your attendance should you be offered an appointment.
During the information and interview session, we will ensure the entry requirements and your aspirations and career plan are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for. It is therefore important that you prepare well for this.
During your interview, you will be expected to provide positive responses to questions relating to your course choice, your future career and your previous experiences in hospitality.
You will study:
- Hospitality ? Front of House
- Customer Service
- Professional Cookery
- Activity Tourism
- Employability Skills
- Money Management
- Digital Skills
*The course content is subject to change.
Additional funding information
You will be taught by Hospitality & Tourism staff with significant industry experience and a proven track record of bringing out the best in their students.
Learners can also expect:
- Extensive opportunity to be involved in exciting events.
- To visit a range of local businesses / events to learn more about Hospitality & Tourism Careers.