You can explore during the year whether college is a suitable place to continue your learning. The course centers on developing your independence and life skills through a range of practical and leisure classes at SCQF level 1. The course centres on enabling you to develop the knowledge, understanding, confidence and essential skills to maximise your potential to manage life and your future opportunities.
No formal academic qualifications are required.
All applicants must attend an interview with college staff to establish if this course is right for you. This may be face to face, or by phone.
Information and Interview Session Requirements
This is a key aspect of the application process. You must confirm your attendance should you be offered an information and interview session.
During the information and interview session, we will ensure your aspirations for coming to college are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for.
Being at Home
Health and Wellbeing
Out and About
You'll be learning and developing skills through topics such as
- Using informational texts
- Using general household appliances and small electrical equipment
- Energy in the environment
- Making a healthy hot dish
- Taking part in physical activities
- Personal Health
- Creating display materials
- Capturing digital images
- Taking part in leisure time activities
- Going shopping
- Raising funds for a charity
- Handling money
- Making a journey
All topics may be subject to change
This may also be a progression route to the Lifeskills programmes.
There may be options for supported employment.
Additional funding information
You may be eligible for Bursary or EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) funding for this course. Please contact a member of the funding team for details.
- Suitable programme for students with additional support needs to transition to post 16 education
- Flexibility and personalisation in approaches to learning and teaching to suit individual students.
- Emphasis on developing skills in independent living, confidence and self- esteem.