REHIS ALLERGEN AWARENESS
Keep yourself and your business safe!
If you work with food, it is important to take food allergy seriously and manage allergen risks and the consequences to your operations. You will need to have reliable and safe systems to know what is in all food you handle and to control contamination.
This course has been introduced to help your food business safely navigate regulations, food allergen risks, control contaminations and how to handle food correctly. Complying with the 2014 EU food law along with Natasha's Law, which is in place to ensure the correct information is available about the 14 key allergens when used as ingredients in direct sale foods.
Both Campus Sites
To protect increasing numbers of people with allergies, focusing particularly on food allergies, by providing those responsible for their care and ther food with information and skill.
- To understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease and the challenges of choosing food suitable for them when shopping and eating out.
- To know which foods are most likely to cause reactions and which recipes require them.
- To understand the legal obligations of supplying food to people with allergies and intolerances.
- To understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis (eg to pollens, cats, dogs etc).
- To have some insight into the needs of particular groups - babies, young children, teenagers and the elderly and to appreciate who is at greatest risk.
- To know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for somebody with food allergy or intolerance.
- To understand environmental and other allergy risks in the everyday workplace - for example from latex, soap and cleanding products.
Multiple choice question paper, which candidates need to get 60% to Pass after which they will be sent a certificate.
Course Contact Details
If you’re unable to book or pay online, please call us on 01387 734199 or email us at email@example.com and we can book your space.