REHIS ALLERGEN AWARENESS
This course has been introduced to help food businesses obide by the EU food law which came into place in 2014, and Natashas Law, to ensure the correct information is available about the 14 key allergens when used as ingredients.
There have been many prosecutions for manslaughter, health and safety and other food law offences following reactions to foods, and foods prepacked for direct sale.
Keep yourself and your business safe! If you work with food, it is important to take food allergy seriously and manage allergen risks. You will need to have reliable and safe systems to know what is in all food you handle and to control contamination.
"recent fatal and 'near miss' allergic reactions to foods have led to a review of the law and the practical ways in which people access information, especially in sandwich bars, cake shops and online." www.rehis.com
Both Campus Sites
To protect increasing numbers of people with allergies, focusing particularly on food allergies, by providing those responsible for their care and ther food with information and skill.
- To understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease and the challenges of choosing food suitable for them when shopping and eating out.
- To know which foods are most likely to cause reactions and which recipes require them.
- To understand the legal obligations of supplying food to people with allergies and intolerances.
- To understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis (eg to pollens, cats, dogs etc).
- To have some insight into the needs of particular groups - babies, young children, teenagers and the elderly and to appreciate who is at greatest risk.
- To know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for somebody with food allergy or intolerance.
- To understand environmental and other allergy risks in the everyday workplace - for example from latex, soap and cleanding products.
Multiple choice question paper, which candidates need to get 60% to Pass after which they will be sent a certificate.
Course Contact Details
If you’re unable to book or pay online, please call us on 01387 734199 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book your space.