This course is aimed at managers, chefs and supervisors of food businesses of all sizes where both raw food and ready-to-eat foods are handled. It is also an excellent refresher course for those who hold the REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene or equivalent
Both Campus Sites
This course is 6 hours delivery
Candidates will also be sent pre-course work to do prior to attending the course
Ideally candidates should already hold the REHIS Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent
This course focuses on microbiological cross contamination and how it can be prevented and controlled
- State why there is a risk and identify the significant micro-organisms involved.
- Understand and identify sources of cross contamination in a food business
- Describe cross-contamination risks in food businesses.
- Understand how to control the risks of cross-contamination
- Understand and implement management controls for preventing microbiological and allergenic cross-contamination in food businesses.
- Understand the enforcement actions available to enforcement officers by describing the legal requirements relevant to the control of cross-contamination
There is no formal examination or assessment
On completion, candidates will receive a REHIS certificate
Additional funding information
Eligible for ITA Funding. Please visit My World of Work website for details.