REHIS DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED FOOD HYGIENE
This course will be delivered over 5 days. The final exam will take place on campus - dats to be confirmed.
This is an SCQF level 8 course.
Course suitable for:
- Senior Managers in food manufacturing and catering businesses
- Quality Managers
- Head Chefs
- Production managers
Overall Objectives of the course
To provide candidates with sufficient knowledge to enable them to:
- improve the standards and safety of their operation
- reduce the risk of food poisoning and food complaints
- identify hazards and instigate suitable controls, monitoring and corrective action
- interpret the requirements of food legislation
- successfully complete the Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Food Hygiene examinations.
Both Campus Sites
Additional time will be spend between sessions completing assignments and course activities.
- General Introduction
- Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Food Borne Infections
- Non- Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Food contamination and its prevention
- Personal hygiene
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food Preservation
- Design, Construction and maintenance of food premises, equipment and utensils
- Pest control
- Food Safety Management
- Hazard Analysis critical control point
- The training and Education of Food Handlers