REHIS ELEMENTARY COOKING SKILLS - AN ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS MENU
An alternative Christmas Menu!
Participants will increase their basic food preparation skills, increase their basic cooking skills, gain an awareness of food safety, along with getting into the festive spirit and learning to cook some christmas themed dishes to add to your Christmas menu.
Accredited by REHIS - The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
Both Campus Sites
Aimed at those who are 16 years old and older.
The following learning outcomes should be achieved from the particiapnts:
- Demonstrate the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of food safety during food preparation, cooking & storage
- understand and be able to follow a recipe
- Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques
- understand and demonstrate basic cooking methods
- Have the ability to put the aquired knowledge of practical food skills into practice in a variety of settings.
Delegates will learn skills and knowledge to successfully prepare and present festive dishes, such as:
- Dark Sky's Cured Salmon with Prawns, Pickled Salad and Dill Lime Cream
- Traditional Winter Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooked Brisket in Christmas Spices
- White Chocolate & Cranberry Pudding
Additional funding information
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies. Please enquire for details on full cost.
Course Contact Details