REHIS ELEMENTARY COOKING SKILLS: Cooking on a Budget
Participants will increase their basic food preparation skills, increase their basic cooking skills, gain an awareness of food safety and gain an awareness of using safe and hygiene practices.
Accredited by REHIS - The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
Both Campus Sites
Aimed at those who are 16 years old and older.
The following learning outcomes should be achieved from the particiapnts:
- Demonstrate the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of food safety during food preparation, cooking & storage
- understand and be able to follow a recipe
- Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques
- understand and demonstrate basic cooking methods
- Have the ability to put the aquired knowledge of practical food skills into practice in a variety of settings.
Delegates will learn skills and knowledge to successfully prepare and present dishes, such as:
Minestrone Soup with parmesan croutons
Strawberry and cream roulade
Smoked mackerel cakes
Banana and cream roulade
Sausage rolls, Apple turn overs, Strawberry Milli feuille.
Cream of roast red pepper soup, tomato and red lentil soup, Chowder
Risotto with Parmesan, Tagliatelle carbonara, vegetarian stir-fry
Minced Lamb satay, Lamb hot pot,pork spareribs in BBQ sauce
Steak pudding, Vienna steak with Yorkshire puddings
Chicken stir fry , Spiced chicken Palak with spinach
Red onion and sage rolls, tomato and olive bread, Irish soda bread.
Pear and apple tart, Chocolate panna cotta
Additional funding information
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies. Please enquire for details on full cost.
Course Contact Details
Telephone: 01387 734199