REHIS ELEMENTARY COOKING SKILLS: Cooking on a Budget
LOCATION: The Bridge, Dumfries
A practical short course aimed at anyone with little or no cooking experience. This course will provide participants with basic cooking skills and will increase overall confidence and knowledge when cooking.
Participants will increase their basic food preparation skills, increase their basic cooking skills, gain an awareness of food safety and gain an awareness of using safe and hygiene practices.
Accredited by REHIS - The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland.
Both Campus Sites
The following learning outcomes should be achieved from the particiapnts:
- Demonstrate the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand the importance of food safety during food preparation, cooking & storage
- understand and be able to follow a recipe
- Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques
- understand and demonstrate basic cooking methods
- Have the ability to put the aquired knowledge of practical food skills into practice in a variety of settings.
Delegates will learn skills and knowledge to successfully prepare and present the following dishes:
- Fish Cakes
- Strawberry & Cream Roulade
- Minestrone Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Smoked Mackerel cakes
Additional funding information
Course Contact Details
T: 01387 734199