SQA AWARD IN EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK @ SCQF LEVEL 6
This SQA qualification is designed to provide an accredited and certificated award that will equip individuals with the skills and knowledge required to deal with a range of emergencies that require first aid in the work place.
This is a practical course, and is suitable for those who are:
- 'Appointed Persons' in the workplace in organisations with comparatively low health & safety risks where there may not be a Certificated First Aider on site
- for people whose jobs mean they move around from site to site or work in small groups
- for self-employed and home based people.
This Health & Safety Executive (HSE), nationally recognised qualification, is valid for 3 years.
Both Campus Sites
- First Aid Priorities
- Managing Incidents
- Basic Life Support
- Examination of a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- First Aid Kits
- Recording and Reporting
- Theory & Practical Elements Included.