The move away from fossil fuels to green energy sources such as wind and solar power has been underway for a number of years. However there is still a long way to go to reduce carbon emissions.
This course has been designed to explain what sustainable energy management is, ways to manage energy usage and energy conservation techniques that can help reduce carbon footprints. Learn how to set energy saving targets and how legislation and international agreements might have an impact.
Principles of sustainable energy management
- The definition of the term ‘sustainable energy management’
- Legislation and international agreements relating to sustainable energy management
- Energy conservation techniques
- How renewable energy sources contribute to sustainable energy management
- How to monitor energy saving
- Ways of managing energy usage
- How to set targets for energy saving
Additional funding information
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies.
Course Contact Details
T: 01387 734233
- Courses are delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Engaging and interactive activities
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their future work and life