Social responsibility in business is becoming increasingly important, not only for the environment but also to consumers looking to buy from responsible companies.
This course covers a variety of topics including what corporate social responsibility is, a definition of greenwashing and why the triple bottom line is more important now than ever before.
Social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability
- The definition of the term ‘corporate social responsibility’
- Why social responsibility in businesses for sustainability is important
- Reasons why businesses might take action to improve their social responsibility
- The definition of the term ‘triple bottom line’
- How the triple bottom line can impact on sustainability
- What the term ‘greenwashing’ means
- How greenwashing impacts on society
- Organisational implications of greenwashing
Additional funding information
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies.
Course Contact Details
T: 01387 734233
- Courses are delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Engaging and interactive activities
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their future work and life