Visual Communication (Graphic Design with Moving Image) (NQ) @ SCQF Level 6
Graphic Design with Moving Image combines the development of innovative and creative thinking with technological skill. Through use of both digital and traditional media you can develop your skills towards exciting careers. Students have previously gone on to study higher education courses and now work in a range of professions, these include: Graphic Designers, Animators, Freelance Professionals, Magazine Directors, Multidisciplinary Designer, Manga Artists and Print Specialists.
This course helps you develop key skills required for progression to Higher Education studies and working in the graphic design, moving image and illustration sectors.
- Full Time.
- 2/3 days per week.
- Independent study time is also required.
- A portfolio of work
- Successful interview
- 3 National 5 awards at C or 3 intermediate 2 awards or Foundation Studies in Creative Industries (qualifications ideally include English and Art/Graphics)
- Current college students will require a positive Progressing Learner Reference
- Entry may be possible for mature students without the stated academic qualifications depending on their prior knowledge and experience
- You may be asked to complete a skills test as part of your interview.
Information and Interview Session Requirements
Once we have received your application you will be given a date and time slot to take part in a phone interview. You must confirm your interview.
Please remember that you are required to submit a portfolio of work prior to your Information and Interview Session. Please send this in digital format to: email@example.com
Reviewing your portfolio will help our specialist staff to give you the best advice on which level of study and course is right for you at this time.
The following guidelines should be noted:
- A folio can consist of drawings, paintings, mixed media and 3D artwork, typography and layout, digital files, animation, video, or a combination of all.
- Neat and clean presentation is important.
- A maximum of 15 pieces and a variety of work is recommended.
- Please be prepared to discuss why and how you produced the creative work in your folio.
Applicants who do not bring their portfolio will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
This fun, creative graphic design and media course will equip you with the key skills required in this exciting profession.
Enjoy learning through a series of experimental projects in animation, typography, illustration, image editing, graphic design, video, sound and web design. The course content is subject to change.Essential skills for employment or progression to further study will be developed including ICT, Communication, Numeracy, Problem Solving and Working with Others, all within a stimulating and industry standard Mac environment. Our smaller group sizes ensure that you benefit from direct support with an experienced lecturer.
Assessment are both practical and written.
Students may apply to progress to HNC Visual Communication
Additional funding information
- Experiment with a range of visual communication disciplines
- Find your niche subject/s
- Start to discover your creative style
- Guest speakers
- Live briefs