Be an Eco Hero
We are thrilled to announce our Eco Heroes 2021 are:
- Billy Currie
- Danielle Hughes
- Greig Scott
Congratulations to our winners who will receive a £50 Costa Coffee voucher each!
Eco Hero 2021 was launched in line with Scotland’s climate week, which ran from the 13th – 17th September and aimed to raise awareness of climate change and to encourage people to consider the actions required from all sectors of society in order to achieve a net-zero future.
Could you be our Eco Hero?
This competition is now closed.
We need to take action to change our environment and all play our part to do something out of the ordinary.
We want to hear about the big and small things you do (or are planning to do!) in everyday life to help make a change. This can be any act to help the environment - whether that be collecting rubbish from the beach to just simply buying and using a reusable coffee cup. Every change will count towards a net-zero society!
Students, staff and members of the public - pledge today to do something you wouldn’t normally do and go the extra mile, think more responsibly and be kinder to your environment!
We want to hear the best Eco-Hero stories and in return we will reward three entries with a £50 Costa Coffee voucher!!
Comment on our Eco-Hero social media posts, along with photos – make sure to tag and use #ecohero for a chance to win a prize and become our Eco-Hero of 2021.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions.
The prize draw is being run by Dumfries and Galloway College
Eligibility to enter
The prize draw is open to all entrants – staff, students and the general public.
The prize draw is free to enter.
How to enter
- To enter simply let us know your entries (along with any photos to accompany) by commenting on our Eco-Hero social media posts on Facebook and Twitter between 13th – 19th September 2021. Dumfries and Galloway College pages are - Facebook & Twitter
- The prize will be 3 x £50 Costa Coffee vouchers – one for each of the top three entries as decided by Dumfries and Galloway College.
- Dumfries and Galloway College’s use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
- The winner will be drawn by an independent member of staff.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of Dumfries and Galloway College regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no
- correspondence will be entered into about it.
The winners will be notified after 19th September 2021 – winners will be announced on Facebook and Twitter and will be asked to private message the college's Facebook or Twitter page to claim their prizes.
Data protection and publicity
- You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Dumfries and Galloway College for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined – e.g. your name to be announced on social media.
- An announcement of the winners name will be made via Dumfries and Galloway College’s website.
- All personal information shall be used in accordance with Dumfries and Galloway College’s Privacy Notice.
Limitation of Liability
Dumfries and Galloway College reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.