Lateral Flow Tests for COVID in Dumfries and Galloway
14 December 2021
Lateral flow tests are at-home Covid tests that give quick results. You do not need to go to a testing centre. These tests are only for people who do not have Covid symptoms.
All students and staff are required to take a lateral flow test prior to coming to our Dumfries or Stranraer campuses. Students and staff should only attend if their lateral flow test result is negative.
Students and staff can collect a lateral flow test kit from our campus:
- Dumfries - students and staff can get them free of charge from the reception of our Dumfries campus.
- Stranraer - students and staff can get them free of charge from the reception of our Stranraer campus.
Otherwise, you can get a free lateral flow test kit by:
- ordering online at GOV.UK
- phoning the National Testing Centre on 0300 303 2713
- collecting from a Covid testing centre between 3.30pm and 8pm
- collecting from some pharmacies
Lateral flow tests help to find people who do not have symptoms and would not know they have Covid. If adult members of your family or household get a positive test, they can take steps to reduce the risk of them passing Covid to you by self-isolating away from you.
Students say College is top-class place to study
Dumfries and Galloway College has once again been rated top of the class after achieving high marks from students, according to a recent report.
Students learn ‘life-hacks’ from college graduate
An alumni of Dumfries and Galloway College recently returned to the campus to give students an illuminating insight into the world of cyber security.
Students create their own career paths
Two Creative Industries students have designs on reaching the top — after landing jobs before even finishing their studies!