Our Ambition 2025 is our strategic plan for 2020 -2025, setting out how we'll build on the successes of the past and drive forward to achieve our aspiration of becoming “an outstanding regional college”.
It sets out our vision and aspirations under five key strategies to enable the college to focus on future opportunities in partnership with our staff, students and key stakeholders to help our region be one step ahead.
Our Five Key Strategies
We will provide our students with an ambitious, dynamic and far reaching tertiary education that is responsive and future that will:
- Provide equitable access to high quality teaching, support and progression opportunities
- Embed digital skills and innovation within all aspects of the learner journey
- Prepare learners by embedding meta-skills in our learning and skills provision
- Provide personalised learning pathways through a tertiary and professional educational offer
- Provide opportunities for individuals to return to their learning to develop new skills, up-skill or re-skill
- Widen access for all and provide equality of opportunity • Provide optimum levels of student satisfaction, attainment and achievement
We will enable our people to create a productive and resilient workforce that will:
- Maintain a clear focus on outcomes and goals
- Be innovative and ambitious
- Be business focussed and people-centred
- Nurture, support and develop our talent to support continuous learning and professional updating
- Increase ownership and accountability across our workforce
- Promote an ethos of collegiate working and partnership
We will enable regional growth and innovation through partnership, learning and skills development that will:
- Grow productivity and the regional economy through better collaboration and partnership working
- Champion skills for business innovation and a net zero economy
- Be a catalyst for economic growth and entrepreneurship
- Be agile and responsive to our communities
- Grow our regional, national, and international partnership working
- Raise the reputation and profile of the college
We will drive a sustainable funding model which supports outstanding organisational performance levels that will:
- Secure financial sustainability, flexibility and resilience
- Provide opportunities to implement relevant curriculum and business models
- Enable the highest college performance levels – good to outstanding by 2025
- Be streamlined through data driven innovation to drive business improvement
- Drive business improvement through the use of data analytics
We will improve our stakeholders’ experience through sustainable use of our resources and enhanced use of data and digital technology to:
- Integrate and harmonise college systems to meet our customers’ needs
- Provide an exceptional experiential learning and social environment to support high quality learning
- Model innovative workplace practices with a focus on increasing our customer reach and satisfaction
- Provide a modern estate which is flexible, adaptive and meets the needs of our current and future users
- Optimise our ways of working through the use of digital technologies
- Enable our net zero emissions within college operations
"The college plays a crucial role in allowing communities and their economies to thrive!" - Joanna Campbell, Principal and Chief Executive Officer.
Dumfries and Galloway’s regional economy is the key to unlocking the future potential of our communities and people. The college is pivotal in helping build a prosperous economy through education and training and providing equity of opportunity to benefit all.
Our vision is ambitious and far reaching and requires commitment from all of our partners to work across agencies to support inclusive economic growth for the Dumfries and Galloway region.