Availability of free sanitary products is now an established part of our offering to staff and students at Dumfries and Galloway College. The Scottish Government’s commitment to support equality, by ending period poverty, will have a positive impact on our student’s performance.
At DGC we will provide access to free products in an inclusive environment. Working closely with our Student Association team, we will ensure:
- Free of charge, reasonable range of products
- Available within toilet facilities
- Provided with dignity and respect
- Will review the range of products with our DGC-SA
- Communication on our Student Portal
- Reduce negative stigma for students and staff
To receive products for free out of term time, or to be delivered to your address please visit: Free-Sanitary-Products-request-form
Our Student Association has been consulted throughout this process.
At DGC we are committed to providing access to free products and health promotion to tackle period poverty.