- Remember to read all the information about your course’s most important entry requirements that you may need for a successful application. This will also help you write a personal statement as part of your application.
- Make sure you have your own personal email address or Facebook account, this will be used to contact you for any information including enrolment, funding, and interviews.
- Have supporting information such as documentation e.g. qualifications convenient to you before applying for your course.
- Places are limited on courses so you should apply as soon as possible in case you miss the opportunity to get on your chosen course.
How to Apply
If you have already started an application, you will have received an email with a link to log in and resume your application. Please check all your email folders including the junk folder.
If you have not started here are 5 easy steps in completing your application.
- Search for your course
We have many ways of helping you find a course that is the right fit for you. Start by looking at what subject areas we have available with Dumfries and Galloway College or search for a specific course which you know you want to study
- Pick your course
When you find the right course click on the Course Title link. This will take you through to the course description, minimum entry requirement, and what prospects it may give you. You can read all the information on this page to help you write a personal statement letter.
- Get your application form
At the top of your webpage with your chosen course, there will be a button “Apply Now”. This will direct you towards the login for our online applications
- Create your account
If you have applied before please log in using your existing account.
If this is the first time applying, you will need to create an account on our online system. You will need this account to process your application form and contact you about its progress.
- You will need an email address or Facebook Account.
- Click the button “Create New User Account” and enter your details. You will need to choose a PIN number now too or click on the Facebook icon and login into your Facebook account. You will have to give permission for Dumfries and Galloway College to access your information
- Once you have chosen an option you will be asked to provide some security details.
- Click “Proceed” when you are done.
- Complete your application
- Before you start filling in your application form, you will see a short summary page. Check that all your information is correct including the course details at the top of the page.
- Once everything is correct, click on the “Proceed” button to begin filling in your application form online.
Digital Assistant Jenni
Our Digital Assistant Jenni will help you with any questions you may have about your application available through WhatsApp. You must download WhatsApp to access Digital Assistant Jenni.
Shortly after submitting your application, you will be sent a welcome message from Digital Assistant Jenni. Through WhatsApp, you will then be able to communicate with any questions you may have and with our Admissions team.