International Students

Prospective students from outside of Scotland in the UK

Students from Scotland are eligible to apply for SAAS and other Scottish funding. If you are studying here from the rest of the UK, please follow the link to your student funding

EU National

Since the UK left the European Union, you need to be granted pre-settled or settled status in the UK in order to be classed as a home (Scottish) student. Otherwise, you will be classed an international student, pay the International fee rate and have a visa for study. (See International below)

When you apply online, you will be asked for your sharecode if you have one. This is the 9 character code that allows college staff to retrieve your settlement status from the UKVI website. If you do not have a sharecode, for example, because you already had settled status, or indefinite leave to remain, before the UK left the EU, you are requested to send this evidence to admissions.

Visa national – International Student

If you are from outside the UK and do not have settled or pre-settled status, you are an international student.

If you are already in the UK on a visa that is valid for study, you will be able to study part-time and be charged the international fee rate.

If you wish to study at the college full time, you will need a visa for study and to pay the full-time international fee of £5,250.

The College has a student sponsor license and can issue you with the CAS that you will need for your visa application. You will need to fill out an international application and pay a £100 non-refundable administration fee before your application is processed.

Find out why you should study at DGC

Get one step ahead and build your future with Dumfries and Galloway College – the leading provider of education and training in southwest Scotland.

international students