The mortgage market is booming and Mortgage Advisers and Mortgage Firms must keep updated with current and future market trends. One such trend is equity release, which has seen a significant push in recent months.
Our Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER®) training course is a Virtual Classroom training course designed to help you add equity release to your skill set so that you can offer it as a service for your business. You will learn how to explore your customer’s requirements and provide them with the best advice on the different products at your disposal, and all the associate risks.
This course benefits from our Exam Pass Guarantee*.
During the CeRER Equity Release course you’ll learn:
- How to assess risk
- The impact of equity release schemes on a client’s future options
- What the FCA regulatory explanation of a lifetime mortgage and a home reversion plan is
- How to match different equity release schemes with your customers’ requirements
- Suitability and affordability
- Advantages and disadvantages of equity release arrangements
- How to assess the risks associated with equity release
- Taxation and state benefits
To be eligible for this CeRER training course, you must first pass the CeMAP Modules 1, 2, & 3 exams and earn your CeMAP qualifications.
Throughout this training course, you will develop specialist skills and knowledge, helping you to understand your customers’ varying requirements and advise them on a range of equity release products.
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) course suitable for me?
The CeRER training course would suit anyone looking to provide equity release advice and currently hold a CeMAP Modules 1, 2 & 3 qualification or Level 3 Mortgage Qualification.
If your organisation is looking to add additional products to its portfolio to expand its offering, this training course would also benefit them.
Anyone can enrol onto this CeRER training course, however, to complete the qualification, you must hold a Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage and Practice (CeMAP) or an equivalent qualification to CeMAP.
It’s advisable to earn your CeMAP Modules 1, 2, & 3 qualifications first.
How will the CeRER training course benefit me?
When you gain your CeRER qualification, you can provide equity release advice and options to your customers in the UK.
After earning your CeMAP and CeRER qualifications, you can become a Mortgage or Protection Adviser, working in public or private banking sectors.
How does the Exam Pass Guarantee work?
Our Virtual Classroom sessions often receive higher pass rates, mainly because of the additional support you can receive from our trainer during your class. This has given us the confidence to offer an Exam Pass Guarantee, where we will support you with your training needs until you pass your exams.
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you fail your exams for any reason, you can come back and attend another training session with us again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Take the exam within 30 days of your Virtual Classroom training.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
All students who retake this course need to use any materials and books given to them in their original course session. Failure to do so will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.
*Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the resit exam; this would need to be purchased at an additional cost.
What jobs can I apply for after my CeRER training?
This CeRER training course would benefit current Mortgage Advisers looking to offer equity release products to their customers.
Once you have completed the full CeRER qualification and exam, you can start providing equity release advice to your clients, which will open up new business for your organisation. There are many people in the UK looking for solutions on how to release equity from their homes, and you can assist them on the best options for their situation.
If you would like to offer advice on Equity Release, but are currently not working as a Mortgage Adviser, or you have not year earned your CeMAP qualifications, it’s best to start with a CeMAP Modules 1, 2 & 3 training course.
With an average salary of £30k* and OTE over £50k* per annum, Mortgage Advisers have an excellent earning potential, and with more products and services available, the opportunity for an increased commission rises as well.
Other job roles in this field:
- Private Banking Assistant – £33k
- Relationship Support Assistant – £33k
- Protection Adviser – £50k
- Business Owner – Mortgage Adviser – £30-£55k+
- Be an excellent communicator
- Explain complex information to clients
- Have confidence in your abilities
- Always deliver excellent customer service
- Drive and ambition to reach sales targets
- IT skills and good time-management skills
Why choose to study the Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) with e-Careers?
We are a leading provider of CeMAP and CeRER training courses via our Online and Virtual Classroom sessions, which experience a high pass success rate. Our prices are highly competitive and available on interest-free finance payment options.
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 625,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
You will also benefit from:
- An updated Syllabus – We update all materials when required to reflect current financial regulations.
- Flexibility – Earning your CeMAP and CeRER qualifications will enable you to work as a Mortgage Adviser for a Firm, Bank, or you can even start your own business.
- Exam Pass Guarantee – If you fail your exam, you will be eligible to attend the same training again for free.
Syllabus & Exams
This two-day immersive training course, focusses on the two units required to take the examination for the Level 3 Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) designation.
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Equity Release
- The principles of equity release
- Types of schemes available and the circumstances in which equity release may be appropriate
- The advantages, disadvantages and potential risks to consumers
- Selecting suitable equity release solutions to meet circumstances of different types of consumers
CeRER Exam Details
Register with the London Institute of Banking & Finance to take your exams. The exams (including registration fees) are not included in the cost of the course.
The core Equity Release module is assessed through a single 2-hour objective exam, split into two units. Unit 1 is 50 multiple-choice questions, and Unit 2 is 3 case studies with 10 linked multiple-choice questions.
Fundamentals of Euqity Release
Exam format – Multiple-choice.
Number of questions – 50.
Pass mark – 35/50 (70%).
Equity Release Solutions
Exam format – Case studies, Multiple-choice.
Number of questions – 3 case studies with 10 questions.
Pass mark – 21/30 (70%).
Register with the London Institute of Banking & Finance to take your exams. The exams (including registration fees) are not included in the cost of the course. There is an exam fee of £220 and you can apply to take your exam anytime throughout the year, including via a test centre or remote invigilation online. The cost of a re-sit exam is £160.