Aims – To obtain a formal qualification.
To meet requirement of the SSSC to enable conditions of registration to be met.
Relevant to staff working within the health and social care sector for adults as a supervisor, team leader or manager.
You must be currently working in the health and social care sector in a senior and/or management role.
To achieve the SVQ level 4, candidates are required to complete eight units. Four core units plus four optional Units
The 4 core units include –
– Maintain effective communication systems and practice.
– Lead practice for health and safetyin the work setting.
– Take responsibility for the continuing professional development of yourself and others.
– Lead practice that promotes the safeguarding of individuals
The 4 optional units are chosen from a list applicable to the support the candidate carries out.
Examples of these units may include –
– Managing and developing yourself and others.
– Promoting well-being of people.
– Managing transitions and significant life events.
– Managing quality of the service
You will be allocated an assessor who will support you to build a portfolio of evidence to show your competence.
The assessor will support you to generate evidence based on the actual work you are carrying out.
The assessor will also carry out observations of the support you provide.
Additional funding information
Funding available –
SAAS (Part Time Fee Grant)
Course Contact Details
Email – SVQ@dumgal.ac.uk
Call – 07770307818