Aims – To obtain a formal qualification.
To meet requirement of the SSSC to enable conditions of registration to be met.
Relevant to staff working within the childcare sector.
You must be currently working/placement in an early years setting.
To achieve the SVQ level 3, candidates are required to complete eight units. Four core units plus four optional Units
The 4 core units include –
– Promote effective communication
– Promote health, safety and security in the work setting
– Develop your practice through reflection and learning
– Promote the safeguarding of children and young people
The 4 optional units are chosen from a list applicable to the support the candidate carries out.
Examples of these units may include –
– Promote the development of children and young people
– Promote the health and physical development of chldren
– Promote children’s well being and resilience
– Promote childrens early learning in the school environment
– Promote the care of babies and children
You will be allocated an assessor who will support you to build a portfolio of evidence to show your competence.
The assessor will support you to generate evidence based on the actual work you are carrying out.
The assessor will also carry out observations of the support you provide.
Additional funding information
Funding available –
Find out more about Modern Apprenticeship opportunities.
SAAS Part-time Fee Grant
Course Contact Details
Email – SVQ@dumgal.ac.uk
Call – 07770307818