UPDATE – 18/03/2022
There had been some expectation outlined in the media that the First Minister may relax the wearing of face masks, however with the rising number of cases of Covid-19 and the parallel impact on the NHS this has put that review on hold for the time being.
As a result face masks are still a legal requirement on college campuses until further notice.
Dear Dumfries and Galloway Student,
3rd Block Learning and Teaching
I am writing to inform you of some changes we are making because of recent Scottish Government advice. The Government have said that we will now “rely predominantly on vaccines, treatments, and sensible public health behaviours and adaptations”.
This change means that from the start of 3rd Block (14th March) that we will –
- Continue to use hand sanitisers throughout the College campuses.
- Use CO2 monitors throughout the campuses to monitor air quality.
- Return most classes to campuses for the start of 3rd Block to enable completion of assessments and improve engagement. Your lecturer will advise you of these changes.
- Continue to issue and ask you to use lateral flow test each time you come on campus. These are available at our receptions in Dumfries and Stranraer.
- Remove 1m social distancing throughout campuses.
In addition, from the 21st March –
- We will use face masks in all communal areas of the College. However, at that time face mask use in classrooms will be discretion of your Lecturer.
We will be closely monitoring the conditions on campus and will keep you updated on any changes that are necessary.
Vice Principal Learning, Skills and the Student Experience.