Students at Dumfries and Galloway College (DGC) are more satisfied than ever, according to this year’s Scottish Funding Council’s (SFC) Student Satisfaction Survey.
DGC learners who took part in the national survey scored the college highly, with 96.9% Further Education students feeling satisfied, while 94.1% of Higher Education alumni were content with their educational experience — an increase of 6.25% (FE) and 6.4% (HE) from last year.
These latest numbers are incredibly encouraging for students and staff at DGC when compared to the SFC survey national averages of 94.6% (FE) and 89.1% HE).
Scotland’s Student Satisfaction report for 2022-23 was carried out over an eight-week period between March 6 and April 28, 2023, with 97,686 full-time and part-time college students surveyed.
The national average response rate to the survey from students was 58.9% in Further Education and 48.8% in Higher Education — and once again DGC learners were way above the medium as 76.2% FE and 77.8% HE of our students participated.
The latest report from SFC comes after last month’s DGC Early Experience Student Survey revealed learners had again rated the college top of the class with an overall star rating of 4.5 out of 5 in the following areas:
- Feeling Welcome and Valued
- Learning Experience so far
- Our Curriculum Staff
- Our Support Staff Support Services
- Places and Platforms for Learning
- One Thing We Could Do Better
Some of the responses the college received this year from students included:
- Tutors have been great at giving feedback and suggestions both in and out of class time, and I am understanding the work I am doing.
- So far, it has been quite easy to understand my course and learn… I look forward to coming into college each week.
- Lecturers are very supportive and helpful during classes. I feel like whenever I am stuck or don’t understand what’s going on in the session, I can ask questions and have a conversation with them.
- From the application to the college down to the little WhatsApp messages that keep me entertained and engaged leading up to joining, the college has been really helpful. The support at DGC enhances every year for me.
Joanna Campbell, DGC Principal, said: “Dumfries and Galloway College very much appreciate the feedback from students who took part in the Student Satisfaction and Engagement Survey 2022-23.
“We strive to provide the best possible learning experience for everyone and to make every student feel valued and supported during their time at DGC.”