A career in human resources provides a flexible and exciting working environment as well as lucrative growth opportunities.
The human resources field is indispensable in every business and by pursuing professional training and recognised qualifications, you can establish yourself on the path of success within the people profession.
CIPD is the world’s leading professional body for HR and L&D professionals. It is recognised by employers and government bodies across the globe and getting CIPD qualified will provide you with the foundations required to build an exciting career within the people profession.
This CIPD foundation course provides you with a comprehensive understanding of the key principles, practices and frameworks that underpin the human resources profession. It equips you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to have a positive impact and includes numerous topics including employment law, diversity and inclusion and employee engagement.
With our online learning platform, you can study at your own pace, where and when it suits you. Our expert tutors provide personalised support to help you achieve your goals.
Enrol with e-Careers today and take the first step towards a rewarding career in human resources.
Why study the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice with e-Careers?
As an award-winning leader in the delivery of online professional qualifications, we have helped career starters gain the qualifications for their first jobs, trained working professionals to change careers into new sectors, and improved businesses through employee upskilling.
Our courses have been developed by expert professionals and academics, enabling people to upskill and advance in their careers and ensuring organisations have employees with the latest skills and competencies within their workforce.
Corporations, SME’s, colleges, unions, and government bodies are among the many institutions we have provided training for who continue to work with us for our ability to deliver excellence.
With a range of payment options, no career aspirations are out of reach. We offer payment plans and interest-free options to suit all budgets.
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Why CIPD courses?
The CIPD membership is prestigious and internationally respected, and its members are the most in-demand people professionals in the world. It is the only HR body that can award Chartered status, giving you an edge throughout your career.
You’ll join a community of 150,000 knowledgeable HR and L&D professionals across 120 countries, and benefit from exclusive access to insights and guidance from industry experts.
Is the CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 course right for me?
Are you naturally good with people and passionate about equality and helping get the most out of individuals? If so, this CIPD Level 3 qualification would suit you perfectively.
As an entry point to a career in HR or L&D, this CIPD level 3 course would suit all individuals looking to start a role in HR, grow from a junior HR role or change careers into this industry.
This entry-level CIPD qualification into HR and L&D is perfect if you are:
- Wanting to launch a career in a people-orientated profession.
- Currently in an admin, PA or a HR junior role and want to level up your career.
- Looking to enhance team performance and learn the essential skills required to take on more responsibility in the workplace.
The course will help you develop management skills, knowledge of people practice, and strategic expertise.
What jobs can I apply for once I am CIPD qualified?
Once completed, you’ll be awarded CIPD Foundation Membership and will be able to use the designation “Foundation CIPD” after your name.
If you are looking for your first job in the industry, then earning your CIPD qualification makes you eligible for a range of HR roles, including:
- HR Assistant
- HR Staffing Coordinator
- Entry Level Recruitment Consultant
- Entry Level Training Coordinator
The average UK salary for a HR/Recruitment is £27,874 p.a.
Are you already working in an entry level HR role? Then, this is the right course for you, as it will help you upskill allowing you to take on more responsibility and work towards a promotion.
More senior responsibilities include:
- HR Administrator
- HR Associate
- HR Representative
- HR Analyst
- Training Deliverer
- Learning Administrator
Syllabus & Exam
Our self-paced online CIPD Level 3 training course features interactive content, quizzes, videos, animations, and demonstrations from Natalie, our expert CIPD Tutor who guides you throughout your training.
CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 Overview
- Learning Level: Introduction to the HR and L&D industry
- Entry Requirements: No formal entry requirements
- Accreditation: CIPD Foundation
- Modules: 4 modules in this CIPD course
- Average completion: 7-9 months
- Max duration: 12 months
- Equivalent to: A-Level
- UCAS Points: 24 Credits
- Guided learning hrs: 120
- Exam: No exams. There are four end of module assignments you’ll be assessed on. Your tutor will mark this for you to revise before submitting to CIPD.
Next step: Level 5 CIPD Associate Diploma in either People Management or Organisational L&D.
CIPD Level 3 Syllabus
Unit 1: Business, Culture and Change in Context
- External influences that impact on business environments.
- Organisational goals.
- Products, services, and customers.
- How technology can play a part in improving working practices and collaboration.
- Workplace culture.
- Learning and development of people.
- Management of change.
Unit 2: Principles of Analytics
- Evidence-based practice and how it informs organisational measures and outcomes.
- The importance of using data.
- Creating value for employees, customers, and wider stakeholders.
- Social media and how it can enhance working practices.
Unit 3: Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- How ethical principles and professional values inform approaches to work.
- Promoting respect and inclusive working.
- Acknowledging sensitivity and respect to others within a working context.
- Reflecting, recognising, and accepting your own mistakes, and those of others, while also showing empathy.
- Proactive approaches to developing, recording, and reflecting on your professional knowledge, skills, and experience.
Unit 4: Essentials of People Practice
- The employee lifecycle.
- Effective selection and the appointment of individuals.
- Wellbeing in the workplace.
- Employee relationships.
- Discrimination legislation.
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Performance management.
- Reward, motivation, and performance.
CIPD Foundation Certificate in People Practice Level 3 Exam Details
You must complete four written assignments (one per unit).