Lean Six Sigma Training – Black Belt Course Overview
A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who is trained in advanced Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools and is responsible for leading complex improvement projects in all areas of the organization as well as training and mentoring staff.
The course will prepare you for statistical problem solving and data-driven decision making at a strategic and enterprise level of any organisation who uses Lean Six Sigma.
This certification is globally recognised in accordance to an ISO standard (ISO 18404).
The Benefits of Lean Six Sigma & Project Management Training
Understanding Lean Six Sigma
The Lean Six Sigma methodology has been tried and tested as a proven methodology, which enables organisations to have greater, more improved productivity while reducing operational costs. The methodologies will also help organisations to improve and increase their customer satisfaction.
Lean – Methodologies which once implemented into your businesses, can increase and improve customer value, in turn improving and reducing resource wastage.
Six Sigma – Methodologies used to help continually reduce product and process variation. This is achieved through defined project approaches.
When we combine Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, we can expect to see reduced costs, a boost in employee morale, and an increase in customer satisfaction. This is all achieved through the global standard for Lean and for Six Sigma – ISO 18404:2015.
Individuals who have obtained their Lean Six Sigma professional certifications are in high demand by employers around the world. This is because they can use a range of problem-solving techniques, to help save company costs and deliver high customer satisfaction.
Read our Blog to discover the 3 ways Six Sigma will improve your life.
Who is this course suitable for?
Is the Black Belt qualification right for me?
This Black Belt Six Sigma certification course is suitable for individuals in senior or managerial job roles, such as:
- Senior Manager
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Software or Management Professionals
Why choose to study with us
Why choose to study with e-Careers
With over 10 years’ experience in the education and training sector, e-Careers has fine-tuned our processes, course materials and delivery methods, to help delegates get the most out of their training. We want the best for you! To support this, we have been recognised within our industry as providing high-quality service and, resulting in multiple awards, and we continue to innovate and reinvest in our business.
Benefits of learning Lean Six Sigma with e-Careers:
- You will earn the only Lean Six Sigma qualification, that meets the global ISO 18404 standard
- Our course materials have been accredited by CEPAS and are heavily weighted towards the modern-day requirements for Lean, moving away from the dated focus on statistical analysis. This ensures you can experience a practical approach Lean Six Sigma, and are able to implement essential methodologies
- You will be published on the CEPAS public register
- Multiple learning methods, including: Classrooms, Virtual Classrooms, and On-site
- We offer volume discounts for organisations with larger volume requirements, and we can develop bespoke training for you
- Price match guarantee
- Interest-free payment plans available
- Mock exams, exams and certifications are included
- These courses are delivered by our team of training and industry experts
Career Opportunities with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Once you have passed your Black Belt exam you can start to apply for a range of senior and managerial job roles, including:
- Process Improvement Manager – £45k
- Continuous Improvement Manager – £48k
- Quality Manager – £50k
- Six Sigma Black Belt Project Manager – £51k
- Quality Assurance (QA) Director – £65k
- Operations Director – £73k
About ISO 18404
Since 2015 ISO 18404 has been the benchmark for Lean Six Sigma methodologies, which are globally recognised.
ISO 18404 defines essential approaches that companies must adhere to comply with the required standards.
What does an ISO 18404 certificate mean for me?
ISO 18404 used to be complex and a difficult standard to achieve. Now, thanks to CEPAS, Bureau Veritas and e-Careers, this process has become simpler and more affordable to achieve.
By complying with ISO 18404 standards, you can show others that you comfortably meet this single standard of Lean Six Sigma, which makes delegates valuable and even more employable, in managerial roles.
About CEPAS, a Bureau Veritas company
Bureau Veritas is the global leader in inspection, testing and certification services, and they have been for close to 200 years, now.
- They generate over €5 billion in revenue a year
- In 2016, Bureau Veritas acquired CEPAS to be able to focus on the people certification market
- As an organisation, Bureau Veritas has over 74,000 employees, in 1,400 offices and laboratories
- They are recognised in over 140 countries
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Syllabus & Exam
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Syllabus
Our Black Belt certification includes comprehensive training materials, exams, certifications and you will also be registered onto the CEPAS public register of Lean Six Sigma certified professionals.
Throughout our CEPAS Black Belt qualification, you will cover a wide range of topics over 3 days.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Utilise a wide array of analytical and graphical tools associated with Six Sigma (at the Black Belt level)
- Correctly select, utilise and interpret the results from several core analytical tools
- Demonstrate a robust knowledge of the correct usage of objective data in improvement projects
- Begin to develop the competencies required by ISO 18404 through knowledge and practice of a series of technical tools
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam
Through the Black Belt exam, you will have your knowledge of this syllabus and key competencies tested and verified, as set out by the ISO 18404:2015.
Black Belt Exam format
- Online, Proctored exam
- 60 questions
- Closed book
- A mixture of knowledge and insight questions and Lean Six Sigma statements
- 60-minute duration
- 75% pass mark
1 Free Examination Re-sit is included in the price.
Provisional exam results are provided immediately, and official exam results are provided within 5 working days.
- Photo ID (Passport, Driving Licence)
- Laptop or PC with internet connection, Webcam and Microphone
- You must be alone and not have any study materials around you (This will be checked by the examiner, before your exam starts)
- Exams can be taken 24/7, depending on available time slots
Scheduling for your exam can be booked up to 3 days after registering with ProctorU. Full instructions will be provided upon redeeming your exam voucher.
We recommend taking the CEPAS Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Exam within the first 6 weeks after your course completion date. Please note: the exam voucher fee is included in the classroom course fee.