Are you looking to start your IT career? Sign up to gain the CompTIA A+ certificate today and become someone who can solve problems while supporting core technologies in security, Cloud and data management.
With a high reputation in the Cyber Security industry, the CompTIA A+ certificate is the ideal certificate for those who want to get started working in IT. Gaining the knowledge and skills necessary for you to excel in your job, you will be able to excel in your new IT career as soon as you start.
Is the CompTIA A+ Certificate course suitable for me?
If you want to begin your IT career, this course would be great for you. The CompTIA A+ Certification course has no prerequisites, making it ideal for job seekers looking to get started in the IT sector.
This training course is not just suitable for IT beginners, but also those with more advanced IT skills and knowledge, looking to enhance their existing knowledge, and gain a more updated IT qualification.
However, if this style of learning does not suit you, we also offer a CompTIA A+ Online course.
How will the CompTIA A+ Certificate course benefit me?
If you are looking to stand out from the crowd in a competitive job market, this certification gives your CV a massive boost, whilst also helping you get ready for working in the IT industry.
Do you work in IT at the moment? This qualification will also be great for you in bringing your current knowledge up to date whilst also improving your employability should you wish to change your career to something else IT-related.
What jobs can I apply for after my CompTIA A+ Cetificate training?
When you gain the CompTIA A+ qualification, you can start working in a wide range of IT jobs, from Technical, Support, or Service roles.
Typical jobs include:
- Help Desk Technician – £22k
- Service Desk Analyst – £25k
- Technical Support Specialist – £26k
- Associate Network Engineer – £27k
- Data Support Technician – £28k
If you are interested in more senior or specialised IT career opportunities, earning more certifications, like our CompTIA Security+ or CompTIA Network+ Certifications, will help support your career goals.
Why choose to study the CompTIA A+ Certificate course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 9,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
CompTIA A+ Certificate Syllabus
- Hardware – Identify, use and connect devices and hardware components.
- Networking – Be able to explain the different types of connections and networks, such as SOHO, WIFI and TCP/IP.
- Mobile Devices – Learn how to install and configure mobile devices and laptops.
- Operating Systems – Understand how to install and support Windows OS, Mac OS, Linus and Mobile OS.
- Hardware & Networking Troubleshooting – Troubleshoot network and device issues.
- Virtualisation & Cloud Computing – Be able to compare Cloud Computing concepts and setup client-side virtualisation.
- Software Troubleshooting – Understand how to troubleshoot mobile and PC device issues, such as application security support.
- Security – Protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and network connections.
- Operational Procedures – Follow best practice in the areas of communication, professionalism, safety and environmental impacts.
CompTIA A+ Syllabus
Throughout this course you will study the following modules:
CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1101) Modules
- Motherboards, Processors, and Memory
- Internal Expansion, Storage Devices, and Power Supplies
- Peripherals and Connectors
- Custom PC Configurations
- Installing and Configuring Printers
- Networking Fundamentals
- Introduction to TCP/IP
- Installing Wireless and SOHO Networks
- Network Services, Virtualisation, and Cloud Computing
- Understanding Laptops
- Understanding Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Connectivity and Synchronisation
- Troubleshooting Methodology and Resolving Core Hardware Problems
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1102) Modules
- Operating Systems Basics
- Operating Systems Administration
- Working with Windows 10
- Working with Windows 8/8.1
- Working with Windows 7
- Working with macOS and Linux
- Scripting and Remote Access
- Security Concepts
- Securing Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting Operating Systems and Security
- Documentation and Professionalism
- Safety and Environmental Concerns
CompTIA A+ Certificate Exam Details
Number of questions – Maximum of 90 questions per exam.
Exam Format – Multiple-choice questions, with single and multiple responses, drag and drops and performance-based questions.
Duration – 90 minutes per exam
- 220-1101: 675 out of 900
- 220-1102: 700 out of 900
Exam Pass Guarantee
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you do not pass the exam after attending this training course with us, you will be eligible to attend the same training again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments.
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt.
Students retaking the course are required to use the materials and books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement materials.
Exam Pass Guarantee does not include the re-sit exam, this would need to be purchased at an additional cost.