During the course you will learn a range of photography skills, techniques and digital editing processes in order to develop your creativity and technical skills. The course also enables you to understand photographic work to a more in-depth level, to evaluate your own work and the work of others.
3 hours per week face to face on Tuesday morning
Independent study may also be required
- No formal academic qualifications are required
- You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to study at level 5
- A keen interest in creative work
Information and Interview Session Requirements
There are no interview requirements for this course.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and create photographs using a range of media and techniques
- You will be able to develop both your creative and technical skills
- You will develop your understanding of photography through evaluating your own and the work of others
- You will have the opportunity to plan and to take photographs in a variety of different locations, developing both creative and technical skills
Course content is subject to change
Assessment is ongoing throughout the year and includes practical assessments and written work
The course includes an NPA award. There will be progression opportunities into creative industries subjects such as Photography and Visual Communication (Graphic Design with Moving Image).
The course is designed to provide an option for further study in Graphic Design with Moving Image, Photography or Art and Design. Candidates can use the NPA to progress further in the field of photography and other related industries.
Further study could then lead to employment in a range of careers including self-employment, animation, web design, advertising, graphic design, film, TV, photographic roles such as advertising, corporate, fashion, press, editorial etc
Additional funding information
Course Contact Details
- Experiment with different disciplines
- Find your niche subject/s
- Start to discover your creative style