Aimed at those who have cleaning duties, or are responsible for the monitoring of cleaning practices within the workplace.
Understanding the importance of good working practices is vital if you work in the cleaning industry.
Dumfries and Stranraer Campus
09:00 – 14:00
Delivery – 22 Apr 2024 09:00
Candidates should be able to explain the following, by the end of the course:
- The benefits of high standards of cleaning and disinfection and the disadvantages and costs of poor standards of cleaning and disinfection.
- The legal and moral reasons for cleaning and disinfection
- The meaning of cleaning terminologies (Cross contamination; cleaning; disinfection; detergent; bactercide etc)
- The role the employer and employee has in maintaining high standards
- The requirement for an employer to provide sufficient and adequate facilities for cleaning and disinfection
- The use of a documented cleaning schedule and why it is important to monitor cleaning standards
- The importance of high standards of personal hygiene.
- The relationship between hazards and risk and the importance of risk assessments
- The importance of reporting safety hazards and faults in cleaning equipment to supervisors.
- The correct use of chemicals, COSHH & Safety data. To recognise and explain the hazard symbols on chemicals.
- The importance of keeping accurate records
- Cleaning Equipment and Processes
Multiple Choice Assessment at the end of the course
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199