What is the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)?
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) qualification is a stand-alone qualification that validates advanced-level IT security skills and knowledge for advanced Practitioner of cybersecurity. CASP+ certifies critical thinking and judgement across a broad spectrum of security disciplines and allows IT security professionals to conceptualise, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments.
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is one of the best certifications for technical professionals, looking to stay in the technology side of the business, rather than management.
The average salary paid to Cyber Security employees in the UK is £62,500 per annum.
This training course includes eLearning, mock exam papers, labs, and official exam voucher (please note exam voucher is only issued up on request).
We're proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 12,000 reviews from our past students.
Why study the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 600,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
- e-Careers are a CompTIA Approved Training Provider.
- Fully prepare for the CAS-004 exam, which we have available.
- Live Labs included so you can practice your advanced secure solutions in a risk-free environment.
- 24/7 access to course content for 12 months.
- Exam preparation and mock tests included.
- Monday to Friday customer support is included.
Is the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) suitable for me?
The CASP+ qualification is recommended for you if you are at IT professional with at least five years’ hands-on experience in technical security, with ten years’ overall experience in IT administration. CASP+ will add authentication to your skills as you help to meet the growing demand for advanced IT security professionals.
What jobs can I apply for after my CASP+ training?
IT professionals with the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) qualification are usually experienced technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology instead of managing cybersecurity policy and frameworks. You will be able to function in job roles including Information Security Analyst, Security Architect, Cybersecurity Risk Manager, Cybersecurity Specialist and Cybersecurity Risk Analyst.
Why study a CompTIA qualification?
There are many reasons you should study for a CompTIA qualification and this will vary depending on your current experience and what you want to do in the future.
Current IT Professionals
If you're considering a career in IT or Cyber Security, or you're already working in the industry, having a qualification to support your knowledge will open new and exciting opportunities, with higher earning potential.
Students new to IT
A CompTIA certification will help you and your CV to stand out from the competition and prepare you for working in the IT and Cyber Security industry.
Syllabus & Exam
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+ Syllabus
- The History of Cryptography
- Cryptographic Services
- Symmetric Encryption
- Asymmetric Encryption
- Hybrid Encryption
- Digital Signatures
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Implementation of Cryptographic Solutions
- Cryptographic Attacks
- Advanced Network Design
- Secure Communication Solutions
- Secure Facility Solutions and Network Infrastructure Design
- Enterprise Security
- Cloud Computing
- Virtual LANs
- Virtual Networking and Security Components
- Enterprise Storage
- Firewalls and Network Access Control Lists
- Trusted Operating System
- Endpoint Security Software
- Host Hardening
- Asset Management
- Data Exfiltration
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Network Management, Monitoring, and Security Tools
- Application Security Testing
- Specific Application Issues
- Application Sandboxing and Application Security Framework
- Secure Coding Standards
- Application Exploits
- Cookie Storage and Transmission
- Malware Sandboxing
- Process Handling at the Client and Server
- Security Assessments and Penetration Testing
- Risk Terminology
- Identifying Vulnerabilities
- Operational Risks
- The Risk Assessment Process
- A High-Level View of Documentation
- Business Documents Used to Support Security
- Documents and Controls Used for Sensitive Information
- Auditing Requirements and Frequency
- The Incident Response Framework
- Incident and Emergency Response
- Apply Research Methods to Determine Industry Trends and Impact to the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
- Integrate Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into a Secure Enterprise Architect
- Selecting the Appropriate Control to Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Integrate Advanced Authentication and Authorization Technologies to Support Enterprise Objectives
- Implement Security Activities across the Technology Life Cycle
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Exam Derails
Exam: Code CAS-004
CASP+ covers the technical knowledge and skills required to architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise while considering the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements.
Exam Format - Performance-based and multiple-choice
Number of questions - Maximum of 90.
Duration - 165 minutes.
Pass Mark - Pass/fail only (no scaled score).