This course leads to a National Progression Award in Photography at SCQF level 5.
During the course you will learn a range of photography skills, techniques and digital editing processes in order to develop your creativity and technical skills. The course also enables you to understand photographic work to a more in-depth level, to evaluate your own work and the work of others.
3 hours a week in class
1 hour a week directed study
Independant study may also be required
- A keen interest in creative work
Information and Interview Session Requirements
There is no requirements for an interview for this course but you should have a basic knowledge and an interest in the industry with a view to potentially looking to have a career within it if you would like to join this course.
- You will have the opportunity to develop and create photographs using a range of media and techniques
- You will be able to develop both your creative and technical skills
- You will develop your understanding of photography through evaluating your own and the work of others
- You will have the opportunity to plan and to take photographs in a variety of different locations, developing both creative and technical skills
Course content is subject to change
The course includes an NPA award. There will be progression opportunities into creative industries subjects such as Photography and Visual Communication (Graphic Design with Moving Image).
Further study could then lead to employment in a range of careers including self-employment, animation, web design, advertising, graphic design, film, TV, photographic roles such as advertising, corporate, fashion, press, editorial etc.
Additional funding information
Course Contact Details
- Experiment with different disciplines
- Find your niche subject/s
- Start to discover your creative style