Professional cookery has never been as popular as it is today. This course is an excellent opportunity for you to study and prepare for a career as a chef with excellent career opportunities and progression routes open to those who successfully achieve the qualification. The SCQF level 5 Professional Cookery course gives youan opportunity to prepare, cook and serve a range of both sweet and savoury dishes in our industry standard training kitchen.
- National Progression Award (NPA) at SCQF level 4 in Professional Cookery;OR
- Three National 4 qualifications including English and Mathematics or Numeracy;OR
- Other equivalent qualifications or experience
Additional Entry Requirements
Information and Interview Session Requirements
This is a key aspect of the application process. You must confirm your attendance should you be offered an appointment.
During the information and interview session, we will ensure the entry requirements and your aspirations and career plan are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for. It is therefore important that you prepare well for this.
You will study:
- Professional Cookery: Practical.
- Professional Cookery: Knowledge.
- Professional Cookery: Kitchen Operations.
- Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry.
- Stocks, sauces and soups.
- Healthand Safety for the Hospitality Industry.
- Continuous assessment.
- Combination of practical and theoretical assignments delivered in classrooms and kitchens.