This course will develop your knowledge and skills for working in the sport & fitness industry. The learning you do on this course links directly to the skills employers are looking for. You will gain experience and confidence from a range of practical and theory activities that will make you more employable.
Full Time 2 or 3 days per week, additional hours for Work Experience and attendance in the evening may be required.
· Successful completion of a SCQF Level 4 programme in Sport & Fitness.
· Other qualifications and/or experience
Information and Interview Session Requirements
Once we have received your application you will be asked to attend an informal information and interview session. This may be virtual either through TEAMS or by phone but remember to tell us all about yourself in your personal statement!
This is a key aspect of the application process. You must confirm your attendance should you be offered an appointment.
During the information and interview session, we will ensure the entry requirements and your aspirations and career plan are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for. It is therefore important that you prepare well for this.
During your Information and Interview Session, you will be expected to provide positive responses to questions relating to your course choice, your future career and your previous experiences in sport & fitness.
- Contemporary Fitness and Exercise Training Methods
- Leadership within Physical Activities
- Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork through Sport and Recreation Activity
- Residential Experience
- Communication, Numeracy and IT.
The course content is subject to change.
Previous students on this course have moved on to:
- SCQF Level 6 Certificate in Sport & Fitness
· HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
· HNC Coaching and Developing Sport
Careers in:· Leisure facilities
· Sports coaching
· Fitness Instructing
· Roles in non-sport and fitness related industries
Additional funding information
You may be eligible for Bursary or EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) funding for this course.
Students will also experience:
A residential experience including outdoor activities and trips/visits to local sport and fitness providers.