This course will develop your knowledge and skills for working in the sport & fitness industry. The learning you do on this course links directly to the skills employers are looking for. You will gain experience and confidence from a range of practical and theory activities that will make you more employable.
Full Time 2 or 3 days per week, additional hours for Work Experience and attendance in the evening may be required.
- Four National 4 awards or equivalent, or
- Successful completion of a SCQF Level 4 programme in Sport & Fitness.
- Other qualifications and/or experience
If you are currently studying at Dumfries & Galloway College, you will also require a positive progressing learner reference.
Information and Interview Session Requirements
Once we have received your application you will be given a date and time slot to take part in a phone interview. You must confirm your interview.
It is important that you prepare well for your interview. During the information and interview session, we will ensure the entry requirements and your aspirations and career plan are appropriate for the course and the level of course you have applied for. During your Information and Interview Session, you will be expected to provide positive responses to questions relating to your course choice, your future career and your previous experiences in sport & fitness
You will study:
- Contemporary Fitness and Exercise Training Methods
- Leadership within Physical Activities
- Nutrition, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork through Sport and Recreation Activity
- Residential Experience
- Communication, Numeracy and IT.
The course content is subject to change.
Previous students on this course have moved on to:
- SCQF Level 6 Certificate in Sport & Fitness
Then progressed to
- HNC Fitness, Health and Exercise
- HNC Coaching and Developing Sport
- Leisure facilities
- Sports coaching
- Fitness Instructing
- Roles in non-sport and fitness related industries
Additional funding information
You may be eligible for Bursary or EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) funding for this course.
You will be taught by sports coaching staff with significant industry experience and a proven track record of bringing out the best in their students. Students will enjoy exciting practical and theory-based experiences in Sport & Fitness.
Students will also experience: A residential experience including outdoor activities and trips/visits to local sport and fitness providers.