Aims – To obtain a formal qualification.
To meet requirement of the SSSC to enable conditions of registration to be met.
Relevant to staff working within the health and social care sector in a management role.
You must be currently working in the health and social care sector in a management role.
To achieve the SVQ Care Services Leadership and Management, candidates are required to complete eight units. Four core units plus four optional Units
The 4 core units include –
– Manage and develop yourself and your workforce within care services
– Lead and manage practice that promotes the safeguarding of individuals
– Lead and manage practice for health and safety in the work setting
– Lead and manage effective communication systems and practice
The 4 optional units are chosen from a list applicable to the support the candidate carries out.
Examples of these units may include –
– Promote the well being of individuals
– Manage group living provision
– Manage the conduct of workers
You will be allocated an assessor who will support you to build a portfolio of evidence to show your competence.
The assessor will support you to generate evidence based on the actual work you are carrying out.
The assessor will also carry out observations of the support you provide.
Additional funding information
Funding available –
SAAS (Part Time Fee Grant)
Course Contact Details
Email – SVQ@dumgal.ac.uk
Call – 07770307818