This IMI (Institute of Motor Industry) qualification is aimed at those who have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when carrying out repair activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage systems.
Designed for individuals who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
This qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to: Maintenance and repair technician
3 Days, 09:00 – 16:30
6 Evenings, 18:00 – 21:00
Ideally individuals will be working in the light vehicle industry and have the experience to ensure they are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to service, maintain and repair electric and hybrid vehicles.
This course contains two mandatory units:
EV2.2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicles Routine Maintenance
- electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
EV3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repairs and Replacement
- working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- using information to carry out the task
- carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- recording information and making suitable recommendations
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills, and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
– Practical Assessment
– Online Assessment
This qualification will help support progression onto qualifications that further develop knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out diagnosis, repair and testing of high voltage components on Electric/Hybrid vehicles
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199