PowerBi – a business analytical service provided by Microsoft is a great tool that lets you visualise data and share insights. It is a collection of software services, apps and connectors that work together to turn data from different sources into interactive dashboards and reports.
This 3 hour online course covers the essential skills in Power BI: Extracting; Transforming and Loading data into the Data Model, then Visualising it with a rich set of Graphics, Charts and Dashboards.
Attendees should have knowledge of Excel with some familiarity with Excel Pivot Tables and Excel Functions like SUMIFS and VLOOKUP. People with Database, Programming, or other BI experience will be qualified for the course, even if they don’t have direct Excel experience.
What is Microsoft Power BI
- Understanding the Power BI environment
- Installing Power BI Desktop
Understanding Data Sources in Power BI Desktop
- Importing a variety of data sources into Power BI Desktop
- Connecting to Excel Workbooks, Access Databases, CSV Files and other data locations.
Exploring Power BI Desktop
- Working with the Fields and Visualisation Panes
- Using Report View to create visualisations
- Using Data View to sort and Format data
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199