The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course has been developed for every employee, within any sector, carrying out any job role. The purpose of the Yellow Belt training course is to help every employee add value to their business by spotting and resolving areas of improvement.
Lean Six Sigma offers the best of both the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, helping to standardise work, eliminate waste and defects, improve customer satisfaction, and help the business become more profitable.
Having a Yellow Belt certification will give you all the knowledge and skills you need to become an expert in Lean Six Sigma, enabling you to lead Lean Six Sigma implementation projects. This is an internationally recognised qualification.
During this 2-day training course, you will learn the main concepts of Lean Six Sigma and discover the various techniques used in project management. Our expert Project Management trainers will be your guide over this session, and they have many years in this industry, with excellent knowledge of Lean Six Sigma at all Belt levels.
After you have completed the course you can move up a level and expand your Lean Six Sigma knowledge by working towards the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course suitable for me?
This course is a great entry-level course for those wanting to begin their careers in Project Management or working in a project team.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on this course.
How will the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course benefit me?
Tried and tested throughout the years as one of the best solutions to many problems that project managers have, Lean Six Sigma increases productivity and satisfaction for customers while also decreasing costs.
Lean is a method used to increase customer value and decrease wastage. Six Sigma is a method used to reduce processes through a set project approach. When both these methodologies are combined, they can reduce your costs, increase customer value and improve your employee’s morale.
Many employers in Project Management are always looking for certified project managers knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma because of their superior problem-solving techniques used for improving business efficiency and saving costs.
What jobs can I apply for after my Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training?
After completing the Yellow Belt course, you could apply for an array of jobs in a variety of different industries including:
- Quality Control Inspector – £21k
- Process Improvement Analyst – £28k
- Process Engineer – £32.5k
If you are interested in levelling up from this course, why not take our Green Belt and Black Belt and courses. After completing these courses, you will then be able to apply for higher earning roles.
Why choose to study the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 625,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
Other benefits include:
- This course is accredited by CEPAS (a Bureau Veritas company).
- All our materials are aimed at implementing lean processes in modern working environments rather than theoretical, so wherever we can we employ a practical approach to learning.
- Up-to-date course content, covering a wide range of industries and working environments.
- Different learning methods to suit you through eLearning, or a Virtual Classroom.
- Discounts for corporate clients with high volume requirements.
- We can deliver tailored training, ensuring all your business requirements are met.
- As well as offering price match guarantees, interest-free payment plans are also available.
- Your exams, support from tutors and your certificate are included at no extra cost.
- All our courses are delivered by our trainers who are very experienced in the industry and know how to implement Lean Six Sigma in real life.
Syllabus & Exams
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Syllabus
This Lean Six Sigma training course involves 2-days of classroom training and includes comprehensive training materials, an exam, and your certificate. We will also register you on the CEPAS public register of Lean Six Sigma certified professionals.
Throughout our CEPAS Yellow Belt qualification, you will cover the below topics:
- Fundamental Lean and Six Sigma principles
- The benefits of blending the two in a unified approach
- The DMAIC methodology
- Project targeting criteria
- What makes a great Lean Six Sigma project?
- Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Key elements of successful Lean transformation
- Project selection
- Team roles
- Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value-Add versus Non-Value-Add
- Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Lean Flows & Work Cells
- 5S’s (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardise & Sustain)
- Visual Tools
- Capacity and Bottlenecks
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- List the basic tools and principles that underlie the Lean Six Sigma improvement model.
- Identify opportunities to improve a process.
- Define project improvement goals.
- Identify how to plan for and conduct data collection to uncover root causes.
- Describe how to verify root causes of process issues.
- List how to implement simple but effective improvement techniques and concepts.
- Identify how to sustain the gain of process improvements.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam
The purpose of this exam is to verify that you have gained the necessary Yellow Belt skills, knowledge and competencies.
You will receive one free re-sit with this training course.
Yellow Belt Exam Details
Exam format – Multiple-choice, Online, proctored exam.
Duration – 30-mins.
Number of questions – 32.
Pass mark – 24/32 (65%).
Open book – No.
Please note there is an Annual Maintenance and Re-certification cost, which varies by location. Yellow Belt Annual Maintenance cost ranges from £14-£30. Yellow Belt Re-certification cost ranges from £29-£59 and occurs every 5 years.