This course is a great introduction to teaching. On successful completion, delegates will recieve an SQA certificate that allows them to deliver training to groups. Some examples include; In-house training to staff; Life Guard Trainers, First Aid Trainers.
This course is suitable for those who aspire to a training role, or who expect to have training responsibilities as part of their future career.
Dumfries and Stranraer Campus
Day 1 – 30 Apr 2024 09:00
Day 2 – 07 May 2024 09:00
Day 3 – 14 May 2024 09:00
No formal entry criteria, however you should have good communication skills and have a good standard of English, which will allow effective learning of all the unit outcomes.
You should also be knowledgeable and experienced in the subject area(s) that you plan to deliver and possess a genuine desire to share this knowledge and develop your skills in the planning and delivery of training.
- Explain the trainer’s role in ensuring learners’ needs are met
- Preparing learning objectives, session pland and learning support materials to meet learner requirements
- Deliver planned interactive training session and assess the progress and achievement of learners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training sessions delivered and your own practice
- Design and deliver an effective interactive training session to a group of people
- Create training activities and write clear objectives of the session
- Carry out two interactive training sessions
- Provide constructive feedback to peers
Candidates will be observed delivering two sessions and will also observe and provide feedback to the other group members sessions. There is a written assessment to complete also.
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199